NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY and the Department of German invite applications for a one-year appointment at the rank of Visiting Assistant Professor or Lecturer, beginning September 1, 2017. This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position. We are seeking an enthusiastic instructor with significant teaching experience in Business German (beginning and advanced) as well as first- and/or second-year German-language instruction. Preferred candidates will have a Ph.D. in German Studies or a related field. Applications must be submitted online (see link below) and require the following documents in PDF format: a cover letter, a CV, a teaching statement, 3-5 sample syllabi, evidence of effective teaching, and 3 letters of recommendation. The deadline for applications is June 15, 2017. Inquiries about the search may be directed to the department at email@example.com. Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
Please read ALL instructions and make all preparations before proceeding to the application page. If you have been asked to submit a letter of recommendation for an applicant, please use the link in your email instructions instead of this page.
- Applications will only be accepted through the online form. Please make sure all documents are prepared in advance because partial applications will not be accepted and cannot be saved. Also, please be sure all information is entered completely and accurately (especially names and email addresses), as there will be no opportunity for online revision after your application has been accepted.
- All uploaded files should be in Adobe PDF format. Files in another electronic format (e.g., MS Word) should be "saved as" or "printed to" PDF format before uploading. If you only have a paper version of a particular document, you may scan it and save it as a PDF. However, the first method is preferred, because it retains text recognition capabilities.
- Three names and email addresses for external referees are required. Very soon after you submit your complete online application, your references will automatically be emailed instructions for uploading a letter of recommendation.
- Some things to remember when uploading your application documents:
- Please note that no document may exceed 4 MB in size, so be sure to minimize the size of any large PDF files before uploading.
- File names should not contain parentheses, quotation marks, or other such characters; the system will likely not accept such documents.
- When your PDF files and list of references are complete, you may proceed to the Online Application. All required fields must be filled in before you click on the "Submit Application" button. The system will not accept incomplete applications. You will receive an email confirmation shortly after your application has been received.
=====Please follow this link to the application page: https://facultysearch.weinberg.northwestern.edu/apply/index/MjQ4 You can download this information in PDF format here.=====