Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Institute for Shipboard Education/Semester at Sea
Spring 2015 Voyage
The Institute for Shipboard Education (ISE) is a 501c3 nonprofit based in Charlottesville, Virginia that administers the Semester at Sea study abroad program in conjunction with the University of Virginia as well as Enrichment Voyages, a Lifelong Learning Program, and the Forum on Global Engagement. The mission of ISE is to educate individuals with the global understanding necessary to address the challenges of our interdependent world. Semester at Sea is an experiential global education program focused on the comparative study of civilizations and societies. Since 1963, more than 55,000 individuals from 1,700 institutions have traveled to more than 60 countries on Semester at Sea and its predecessor programs.
Communications Position: Seeking Communications professor for theSpring 2015 Voyage Spring 2015 Voyage to teach two sections of Intercultural Communication and one section of another course, such as International Mass Media. Each course is expected to enroll between 30 and 35 students. Faculty member will also be responsible for designing and leading a field lab for each course, with the support of ISE staff.
Please submit your application online here.
• Terminal degree in field of teaching (Ph.D. in Communications preferred)
• At least three years of recent, full-time undergraduate teaching experience
• Ability to thrive in living-learning environment
• Prior international travel and/or teaching experience
• Significant body of published works
• Teaching awards from home university
• Experience leading study abroad programs
• International experience and study in countries listed on voyage itinerary