Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Staff Psychologist - Adult outpatient
GiaCare is currently accepting applications for the Clinical Psychologist position in the Behavioral Health Department at Joint Base Langley / Fort Eustis, Virginia. The base is located just minutes north of the seaside community of Newport News and just south of historic Williamsburg. Mild climate, wildlife refuges and beautiful beaches surround this quiet locality. Just accross the bridge lie the bustling cities of Norfolk, Chesapeake and Portsmouth, home of "the First and the Finest!" Museums, music and dinning at it's southern best can be found around every corner.
This outpatient Staff Psychologist position endeavors to deliver world-class health care to Active Duty Troops and their beneficiaries! The role of the psychologist is oriented very heavily toward psychometric assessments as well as individual and group therapies. Psychologist will work closely with psychiatrists, other psychologists, clinical social workers and psychiatric nurse practitioners.
Please call Monique for position details or send your CV to MYlizaliturri@giacare.com
As a GiaCare employee you are eligible for the following benefits:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- CEU Reimbursement
As a GiaCare employee, you will have the same responsibilities and duties of any other member in the same unit with the same experience and job title. Those duties can be but are not limited to as follows:
- Providing direct casework services, to include screening, assessment, treatment, referral, consultation and education
- Conducts psychosocial evaluations and provides therapeutic interventions including crisis counseling to individuals, groups and families as needed
- Evaluates the impact of diagnosis or lack of diagnosis with unexplained chronic symptoms on individual and family systems
- Provides services to high-risk populations, to include: service-members pending discharge, medical treatment and members of the families of servicemen killed in action
- Performs Mental Status Evaluations, Fitness for Duty Evaluations, Chapter Evaluations
- Possess 2 years experience practicing clinical psychology within the past 5 years
- Possess a doctorate in clinical or counseling psychology
- Possess a current valid license from any US jurisdiction
- Experience with PTSD
- knowledge of military structure
- Possess or can attain Basic Life Support (BLS) from AHA approved program
- Experience with individual and group therapy