Page for Academic Positions in Social Work that begin in 2018.
Let's do this! Try to stick to a few guidelines when posting to keep things consistent:
- Post information about the position (or positions) including rank, source of information, and desired specialties.
- Update when you know if a school has announced or cancelled a search, done preliminary interviews, invited candidates out for job talks, or made offers, even if this information is anecdotal (but please note that it's anecdotal if it is)!
- Add date of posting to information whenever possible.
- Please Use "Heading 3" when adding names of schools to this page.
A couple of features of this page, based on additional posts from past years:
- There are two general sections:
- Discussion: Post other job search related information here. In the past, topics have included:
- Tally of number of people checking this page
- Information about salaries offered relative to cost of living.
- Information about the number of places people have applied, number of initial interviews received, number of campus visits/job talks, and number of offers.
- Please feel free to add topics here!
- List of Schools: Post information about positions, here: FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS ACADEMIC, PLEASE DATE YOUR POSTS!
Check out last year's page HERE.
RECENT ACTIVITY on Social Work 2017-18 Wiki Edit
- Loading RSS data...
Subscribe to RSS Feed for This Page: http://academicjobs.wikia.com/wiki/Social_Work_2017-2018?feed=rss&action=history
How many people are updating or monitoring this page?Edit
ABD (Early): 1
ABD (On the market): 22
Postdoctoral Fellow: 4
Assistant Professor: 5
- When possible can we please add teaching load info to posts? These are usually known quantities--they are not secret info--and they can matter a lot in terms of sizing up a job.
Timing of PositionsEdit
- When can job seekers expect for the majority of full-time, tenure track positions to be posted? In other words, is there a popular time when colleges and universities open positions to applicants?
- A lot depends on the market/year, budgets, retirements, etc. Though, many positions should be posted in September ahead of CSWE. In previous markets, some top ten schools posted as early as June and, in other markets, as late as February or March.
List of Schools: Update when you have information! Edit
Adelphi University (NY)Edit
Akron University (OH)Edit
Appalachian State University (NC)Edit
Arizona State University (AZ)Edit
- ASU is hiring for 3 positions - one at the Assistant Professor rank, 1 Assistant or Associate, and 1 Associate or Full. Search committee is open to all interest areas; looking for great colleagues and strong researchers! Teaching load is a 2/2. Early application is strongly advised. Those seeking an Associate level appointment are encouraged to apply to both positions. (8/30/17)
- LINK: https://publicservice.asu.edu/content/1-assistant-and-1-assistantassociate-professor-job-12090
- LINK: https://publicservice.asu.edu/content/associatefull-professor-job-12089
Auburn University (AL)Edit
- 3 TT Positions in Social Work: HigherEdJobs.com (1); HigherEdJobs.com (2); HigherEdJObs.com (3).
- 3/2 teaching load
- Deadline: 1 Oct. 2017.
Augsburg College (MN)Edit
- Hiring one tenure-track position
- Application deadline August 1, 2017
Azusa Pacific University (CA)Edit
Barry University (FL)Edit
Baylor University (TX) - Diana R. Garland School of Social WorkEdit
- Hiring 1 TT position (assistant or associate professor level)
- Application deadline December 1, 2017
- Posting on SSWR site
Bennett College (NC)Edit
Binghamton University, SUNY (NY)Edit
Boise State University (ID)Edit
Boston College (MA)Edit
Boston University (MA)Edit
Bowling Green State University (OH)Edit
- 2 TT Assistant or Associate Professor Positions
- Application deadline: November 1, 2017.
- Link to CSWE.org posting
Bridgewater State University (MA)Edit
- The School of Social Work at Bridgewater State University invites applications for two full-time, tenure-track teaching positions at the rank of Assistant Professor, beginning September 2018. We are seeking faculty members with interest in teaching social work at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, with principle assignment to the MSW program.
- This position requires teaching 12 credits per semester, primarily in the MSW program, with an expectation that the successful candidate will also teach in the BSW program. Primary teaching responsibilities may include Human Behavior in the Social Environment, Practice with Individuals and Families, Dynamics of Diversity and Oppression, Human Behavior and the Social Environment, practice courses, field education or other courses, such as those in your area of specialization.
Bryn Mawr College (PA)Edit
Buffalo State College, SUNY (NY)Edit
California State Unviersity, BakersfieldEdit
California State University, Channel IslandsEdit
California State University, East BayEdit
- Hiring TT position in Gerontology (Social Work) for 2018-19
- For more position information, please go to: http://www.csueastbay.edu/oaa/jobs/csueb.html
California State University, FresnoEdit
California State University FullertonEdit
- The Department of Social Work at California State University, Fullerton (CSUF), invites applications for Assistant Professor. This is a 10-month full-time tenure-track position to begin Fall 2018.
- The Department of Social Work is recruiting one faculty member with expertise in social work practice in one or more of the Department's concentration areas (child welfare, community mental health, and aging).
- Application review begins immediately. To ensure full consideration, application materials must be submitted by October 6, 2017. Position is open until filled.
California State University, Long BeachEdit
California State University, Los AngelesEdit
California State University, Monterey BayEdit
California State University, NorthridgeEdit
California State University, SacramentoEdit
- The Division of Social Work at California State University, Sacramento, invites applications for two tenure-track faculty positions at the rank of Assistant Professor, with appointments beginning August 2018. Responsibilities will include teaching either graduate or undergraduate courses in social work and a designated cognate area, mentoring students, participating in university and community service, and engaging in academic scholarship. The Division seeks applicants with experience in HBSE and practice, or in health and aging.
- Review of applications will begin December 1, 2017, and positions will remain open until filled. Candidates are strongly encouraged to submit their application package as early as possible.
- For a complete description of the positions and to apply, please visit: http://www.csus.edu/about/employment.
- Full Ad at Chronicle
California State University, StanislausEdit
- The Department of Social Work at California State University, Stanislaus invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor in our MSW Program beginning Fall 2018. The successful candidate for this position will be qualified to teach in core curricular areas including direct micro social work practice and theory. Expertise in generalist social work practice, direct micro practice, and/or clinical practice (e.g., health, behavioral health, addictions) practice is highly desired. Expectations for the position include teaching, advising students, conducting field liaison work, developing and maintaining an active research agenda, serving on Department, College, and University committees, and developing a record of professional service in the greater community. Position is contingent upon the availability of authorized funding.
- The Faculty Search Committee will begin reviewing completed applications immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
- LINK to CSWE.org
Carleton University (CAN)Edit
Carthage College (WI)Edit
Case Western Reserve University (OH)Edit
Catholic University of America (DC)Edit
Central Connecticut State UniversityEdit
Centre College (KY)Edit
Clemson University (SC)Edit
Cleveland State University (OH)Edit
College of New Rochelle (NY)Edit
College of Staten Island, CUNY (NY)Edit
Colorado State University (CO)Edit
- Number of Vacancies: 2-3
- Position Summary: The School of Social Work invites applications for faculty positions at the assistant of associate professor rank. The 9-month tenure/tenure-track appointment will begin January, 2018 or August, 2018. Applicants are sought with an expertise in behavioral health (mental health, alcohol and drug prevention/treatment, suicide, obesity), human-animal interventions, aging, child welfare, health/well-being, or social justice which enhance the existing research strengths in our School, College, and University. However, applicants with other research expertise are invited to apply.
- To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT) on 08/23/2017.
- 7/4/17 Does anyone know the teaching load here? Is 50% teaching a 3-2, 5 classes at 10% each?
Columbia University (NY)Edit
- Columbia School of Social Work invites applications for multiple tenure-track and tenured positions at all ranks. Full Announcement.
- LINK: http://socialwork.columbia.edu/faculty/faculty-openings/
- Appointments may begin on July 1, 2018, or January 1, 2019. Review of applicants will begin immediately. (posted 7/7/17)
DePaul University (IL)Edit
East Carolina University (NC)Edit
Eastern Connecticut State UniversityEdit
Eastern Michigan UniversityEdit
Eastern Washington UniversityEdit
Fairfield University (CT)Edit
Florida Atlantic University (FL)Edit
Florida Gulf Coast UniversityEdit
Florida International University:Edit
Florida State UniversityEdit
Fordham University (NY)Edit
- Hiring an assistant professor of social service
- Does anyone know what is going on with this opening? It has been removed from all of the job sites.
Franciscan University of Steubenville (OH)Edit
- Full time, tenure track, rank-open position to begin August 2018.
- Review of completed applications will begin on October 25th and will continue until the position is filled.
Georgia Regents University - Augusta (GA)Edit
Georgia State University (Atlanta)Edit
George Mason University (VA)Edit
Governor's State University IllinoisEdit
Grand Valley State University (MI)Edit
Hawaii Pacific UniversityEdit
Hope College (MI)Edit
Howard University (DC)Edit
Humboldt State University (CA)Edit
Hunter College, CUNY (NY)Edit
Idaho State UniversityEdit
Illinois State UniversityEdit
- TT Assistant Professor.
- The initial teaching load is four (4) courses for the first academic year and then five (5) courses per year thereafter.
- For best consideration, please submit materials by Nov. 9, 2017; however, review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Indiana University, NorthwestEdit
Kansas State UniversityEdit
Lehman College, CUNY (NY)Edit
Lewis-Clark State College (ID)Edit
Loma Linda University (CA)Edit
Long Island University (NY)Edit
Louisiana State University (LA)Edit
- The School of Social Work is hiring 3 tenure-track assistant professors. Teaching across all 3 levels of the program. Areas of interest include child welfare, corrections, gerontology, poverty & substance abuse.
Loyola University Chicago (IL)Edit
Marshall University (WV)Edit
Mars Hill University (NC)Edit
Marywood University (PA)Edit
Metropolitan State University, Denver (CO)Edit
Miami University of Ohio (OH)Edit
Michigan State University (MI)Edit
Millersville University (PA)Edit
Minnesota State University - Mankato (MN)Edit
Montclair State University (NJ)Edit
- Assistant Professor Social Work & Child Advocacy. The Department of Social Work and Child Advocacy at Montclair State University
- Job Description: The Department of Social Work and Child Advocacy at Montclair State University invites applications for a tenure track position at the rank of Assistant Professor to begin September 2018. Preferred areas of research specialization will involve children, youth, and families and/or clinical practice with diverse populations. The department currently offers a minor in social work, and BA and MA in Child Advocacy and Policy, and will offer a Master’s in Social Work (MSW) with a concentration in children, youth, and families starting in the fall of 2018. The responsibilities for the current position include teaching in the social work program and an active scholarly agenda (with the expectation of the pursuit of external funding). The ideal candidate will have demonstrated excellence in teaching and scholarship commensurate with experience. The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
- LINK: http://careers.cswe.org/job/assistant-professor-social-work-child-advocacy/36827260/
Nazareth College (NY)Edit
- The Social Work Department invites applications for a full time, tenure track position at the rank of Associate Professor (preferred) or Assistant Professor (required) to begin August 2018. The department seeks candidates committed to teaching excellence at a comprehensive institution that supports both liberal arts curricula and professional programs. Applicants who will contribute to the college’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive environment are encouraged to apply.
New York University (NY)Edit
- The New York University Silver School of Social work invites applications for tenured and tenure-track faculty positions at all ranks (Assistant, Associate, and Full). The rank and tenure status of the appointment is contingent on the qualifications of the successful applicant. The 9-month tenure/tenure track appointment will begin in September, 2018.
- Expertise in the following priority areas is preferred, but not necessary for consideration: poverty, prevention, integrated health and social determinants of health, aging, and social work practice that builds on the significant strengths or expands the expertise of the Silver School.
- LINK to SSWR Announcement.
North Carolina State UniversityEdit
Northeastern Illinois University (IL)Edit
Northern Kentucky UniversityEdit
Nyack College (NY)Edit
Oakland University (MI)Edit
Ohio State University (OH)Edit
- The Ohio State University College of Social Work invites applications for two tenure-track faculty positions (assistant and/or senior faculty). We are recruiting exceptional candidates, from social work and related disciplines, with a preference for demonstrated strong research and scholarship capacity with diverse populations. Candidates with agendas focused on aging, substance abuse, or mental health are particularly encouraged to apply.
- A review of applications will begin immediately, with priority given to those applicants who apply by September 29, 2017. Initial screening interviews are expected to take place immediately, with campus visit invitations beginning in early autumn 2017.
- Posted: 8/15/17; Full details can be found at http://csw.osu.edu/ .
Our Lady of the Lake University (TX)Edit
Pacific University (OR)Edit
Plattsburgh, SUNY (NY)Edit
Portland State University (OR)Edit
Providence College (RI)Edit
- The Providence College Department of Social Work invites applicants for the position of a tenure-track Assistant Professor in its baccalaureate level social work department commencing in August 2018. The candidate will have an MSW from a CSWE accredited program and an earned doctorate in social work (PhD/DSW) or related field and demonstrated teaching effectiveness. The candidate will have at least 4 years post MSW practice experience at either the micro or macro level or both. Examples of teaching focus include lifespan development, ethics, and trauma informed practice, specifically around the mental and emotional impact of racism and xenophobia. The successful candidate will also establish a scholarly research program, and possess a willingness to be active in service to the college and community.
- Review of applications will begin September 1, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled. Applications received by December 1 will receive full consideration.
Quinnipiac University (CT)Edit
Richard Stockton College (NJ)Edit
Rhode Island College (RI)Edit
Rutgers University (NJ)Edit
Rutgers University School of Social Work (RUSSW) seeks dynamic faculty members to join our productive faculty in continued expansion of the School's innovative programs, centers and institutes. We plan to add 3 faculty members to our tenure track faculty primarily at the assistant professor rank, though our search is open to candidates from all academic ranks.
We seek highly motivated and productive scholars, and entrepreneurial and innovative thinkers, who have a strong commitment to research, social justice, and social work education. Successful candidates will be interested in inter- and transdisciplinary research that advances the reputation of the School. In this year's search, we are particularly interested in scholars who can advance research agendas in the following areas: Addictions, Community Organizing, Criminal Justice, Intervention Research, Public Health, Interprofessional Health, Technology and Social Work, and Violence Against Women and Children (including teen dating violence, stalking, and perpetrators).
Successful applicants should hold a Ph.D. in the area of Social Work or a related discipline.
- Posting Open Date: 09/01/2017
- Quick Link to Posting http://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/51586
Ryerson University (CAN)Edit
Sacred Heart University (CT)Edit
Saint Louis University (MO)Edit
Salem State University (MA)Edit
- The School of Social Work at Salem State University is seeking a full-time, tenure-track MSW faculty member who will also teach social work at the undergraduate level beginning Fall 2018. Teaching assignments will depend upon the expertise of the candidate and programmatic needs. Teaching assignments might include courses in practice, human behavior, field education seminars and/or elective opportunities aligned with our specialization in Integrated Health and Behavioral Health Practice.
- The standard teaching load is 12 credit hours per semester. The position is subject to available funding.
- Review of applications will begin in mid-September 2017.
Salisbury University (MD)Edit
Samford University (AL)Edit
San Diego State University (CA)Edit
- Assistant Professor Position: Expertise is sought in Direct Social Work Practice, with a particular emphasis in trauma and trauma-specific treatments. A suitable candidate will have the ability to teach Direct Practice courses and will have demonstrated research expertise regarding trauma, trauma informed care, and trauma treatments. Teaching experience at the undergraduate and graduate levels is desired. A candidate must show promise in obtaining extra-mural funds. (08/04/17)
- Start Fall 2018
- Application review: 10/2/17
- LINK: https://apply.interfolio.com/43499
San Jose State University (CA)Edit
Seattle University (WA)Edit
- Two tenure-track assistant professor positions open
Simmons College (MA)Edit
Skidmore College (NY)Edit
- The Social Work Department at Skidmore College invites applications for a tenure-track position in Social Work at the rank of Associate or Assistant Professor to begin September 2018. The area of expertise is open but the program is especially interested in candidates with an expertise in research methods, health/public health, mental health, gender studies, child welfare, addictions, or criminal justice who are able to teach across our CSWE-accredited program (e.g., research, HBSE, micro and macro practice, and social policy) as well as courses in their area of expertise. Within the context of a five-course teaching load, the position also occasionally includes teaching a first-year interdisciplinary seminar (topic open) and supervising students doing community service and independent research.
- Open Until Filled
Smith College (MA)Edit
- The Smith College School for Social Work invites applications for two full-time tenure-track positions with the rank open to candidates at the assistant, associate and full professor ranks.
- Full details at HigherEdJobs.com
- Submit applications at http://apply.interfolio.com/44408 with a brief letter of application, curriculum vitae, a writing sample (e.g. publication or research summary), and three names of references. A review of applications will begin in September 2017, and will continue until the position is filled.
Southern Connecticut State UniversityEdit
Southern Illinois University EdwardsvilleEdit
Springfield College (MA)Edit
St. Edward's University (TX)Edit
St. Olaf College (MN)Edit
St. Thomas/St. Catherine'sEdit
Stephen F. Austin State University (TX)Edit
Stony Brook University, SUNYEdit
Syracuse University (NY)Edit
- Assistant Professor - School of Social Work: An individual is sought to teach courses in the areas of generalist and/or advanced clinical practice or human behavior and the social environment. Position includes expectations for an active program of research and publication, including participation in seeking external funding to support research. All faculty are expected to engage in service in the college, university, profession, or community. This is a tenure-track position which begins August, 2018.
- Priority Consideration: 10/27/2017.
- Teaching Professor - School of Social WorkAn individual is sought to teach courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels that cover generalist and/or advanced clinical practice, or human behavior and the social environment. The position also includes administrative tasks associated with curriculum development and student advising, with the possibility of appointment to leadership responsibilities for the MSW or BSSW programs. As with all faculty positions, there is an expectation to engage in service in the college, university, profession, or community. This is a full-time non tenure-track position, beginning August 2018, with possible multi-year contracts.
- Priority Consideration: 10/27/2017.
- Does anyone know what the result of thier search for 2016-2017 was?
Temple University (PA)Edit
- Temple University College of Public Health, a multidisciplinary academic center devoted to an innovative educational and research environment that brings a transdisciplinary perspective on health, wellness and social welfare, is seeking both experienced and early career researchers to join the Temple University School of Social Work.
- We seek individuals committed to collaborative, interdisciplinary research in social work and other disciplines. There are many opportunities to collaborate with public health faculty in the College who target addressing disparities in the social determinants of health, improve university engagement with communities, and advance social justice. Senior candidates should have an active, externally-funded research portfolio and early career candidates should demonstrate involvement in funded projects and strong potential to obtain external funding as independent researchers.
- Application review will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled. Nominations of outstanding faculty are highly encouraged.
- LINK to SSWR Announcement (posted 9/8/2017)
Texas A & M University (TX)Edit
Texas Christian University (TX)Edit
- Hiring for 2 TT positions
- Job Posting on cswe.org
Texas State University (TX)Edit
Texas Tech University (TX)Edit
Tufts University (MA)Edit
- The Eliot-Pearson Department of Child Study and Human Development at Tufts University invites applications for a tenure-track assistant professor position in Child and Family Mental Health and Development to begin July 1st, 2018. The successful applicant will have a research program that integrates behavioral and neuro-developmental science with practice-based knowledge to support and enhance the well-being of children and families using a strengths-based approach. Teaching responsibilities will include courses in areas related to the understanding, treatment, and education of children and adolescents with neurodevelopmental disorders in general and Autism Spectrum Disorder in particular, as well as more general courses having to do with child and family mental health and development and children with special needs.
- Qualifications. Candidates must possess a doctorate in one of the disciplines associated with applied developmental science (e.g., clinical developmental psychology, education, human development, nursing, public health, social policy or human ecology). Applicants’ research and teaching expertise should reflect a developmental systems approach to the biopsychosocial contexts involved in child and family mental health and development. We seek in particular candidates whose research and teaching background and experiences focus on diversity in neurodevelopment among children and adolescents, especially those with Autism Spectrum Disorders, and who will strengthen our connections with such Tufts departments as Community Health, Education, Engineering, Occupational Therapy, and Psychology, as well as Tufts’ Schools of Medicine, and Dental Medicine, Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine and the Friedman School of Nutrition and with Tufts’ community partners.
- To learn more about the position and/or apply, go to https://apply.interfolio.com/44310. Evaluation of candidates will begin October 1, 2017, and will continue until the position is filled.
Tulane University (LA)Edit
University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa (AL)Edit
University of Alabama at BirminghamEdit
University of Alaska, AnchorageEdit
University of Arkansas, FayettevilleEdit
University at Albany, SUNY (NY)Edit
University at Buffalo, SUNY (NY)Edit
University of British Columbia - Vancouver (CAN)Edit
University of British Columbia - Kelowna (CAN)Edit
University of Calgary (CAN)Edit
University of California, Berkeley (CA)Edit
- Will be recruiting for faculty member to start 7/1/18.
- Focus on macro practice (broadly construed).
- Assoc. / Full Professor position posted with deadline of Oct. 20 at HigherEdJobs.com.
- Search announcement
University of California, Los Angeles (CA)Edit
- Positions at Assistant and Associate or Full Professor ranks. Applications will be reviewed beginning September 15, 2017.
- SSWR Associate or Full Professor LINK and Assistant LINK
- The Luskin School of Public Affairs, in partnership with the Chicano Studies Research Center (CSRC) at UCLA, seeks an advanced assistant or tenured associate professor in the general fields of Latino social, economic, and political issues. (A starting full professor may be appointed under extraordinary circumstances). A successful applicant should be appointable in one or more of the three departments in the Luskin School of Public Affairs: Public Policy, Social Welfare, or Urban Planning. LINK to Chronicle announcement.
University of Central FloridaEdit
University of Chicago (IL)Edit
University of Cincinnati - Blue Ash College (OH)Edit
University of Connecticut (CT)Edit
University of Denver (CO)Edit
University of GeorgiaEdit
University of Hawaii at ManoaEdit
University of Houston (TX)Edit
University of Illinois at Chicago (IL) - Jane Addams College of Social WorkEdit
University of Illinois at Urbana-ChampaignEdit
- The School of Social Work invites applications for open rank faculty positions with a starting date of August 16, 2018. Applicants at all ranks and relevant disciplines will be considered. We are seeking faculty whose research and teaching focus on strategic needs across programs. This position is aligned with campus strategic priorities. Candidates can expect opportunities for transdisciplinary collaborations.
- Full consideration will be given to applications received by November 30, 2017.
- LINK to CSWE job posting
- I heard about setting up a skype interview in the next week or two (9/15/2017)
University of IowaEdit
- POSITION ONE: The University of Iowa, School of Social Work seeks dynamic candidates for a tenure-track assistant professor position (9-month academic year appointment) beginning in August 2018
- LINK: https://jobs.uiowa.edu/faculty/view/71473
- Open Until Filled (posted 8/4/17)
- POSITION TWO: The University of Iowa, School of Social Work seeks dynamic candidates for a tenure-track assistant professor position (9-month academic year appointment) beginning in August, 2018. Candidates should demonstrate potential for a strong research agenda in gerontological social work.
- LINK: https://jobs.uiowa.edu/faculty/view/71412
- Open Until Filled (posted 7/25/17)
- Teaching load: 2/2. During first year, standard teaching load is 1/2.
University of Kansas (KS)Edit
- The University of Kansas (KU), School of Social Welfare is seeking dynamic candidates for two tenure-track appointments as Assistant Professors to begin in Fall 2018. HigherEdJobs.com. Application Review Begins: 15-Sep-2017.
- Also: The University of Kansas (KU) School of Social Welfare seeks dynamic candidates for a tenure-track appointment as Associate Professor for Fall 2018. HigherEdJobs.com. Review of applications begins on September 25, 2017 and continues as needed to collect a pool of qualified applicants.
University of Kentucky (KY)Edit
University of Louisville (KY)Edit
University of Maine, OronoEdit
University of Maryland BaltimoreEdit
- Applications are now being accepted for a distinguished scholar at the level of associate or full professor for the Alison Richman Professorship for Children, Youth, and Families.
University of Maryland, Baltimore CountyEdit
University of Memphis (TN)Edit
- The Department of Social Work at the University of Memphis invites applications for two tenure-track assistant professor positions to begin August 2018. These 9-month faculty appointments offer a competitive salary and full benefits. Responsibilities will include teaching, research, scholarly activities, advising, and service. Faculty will be assigned primarily to teach in the BA program with some teaching in the MSW or proposed DSW program. We are especially interested in applicants who have expertise in teaching research methods, policy, and macro practice.
- LINK: https://workforum.memphis.edu/postings/16420
- The position closes October 1, 2017. The committee will begin reviewing applications after October 1st.
- The teaching load at the University of Memphis is 2/2.
University of MichiganEdit
- The School of Social Work at the University of Michigan has up to five faculty openings for the 2018-2019 academic year. These include:
- Up to three open-rank, tenure-track faculty positions with priority given to candidates whose work emphasizes one or more of the following areas: community organization; management and organizations; social services innovation including social enterprise; families, youth and children; child welfare; health and health disparities; evidence based interpersonal social work practice; juvenile justice or criminal justice.
- One clinical faculty position (untenured but open rank) with priority given to candidates whose work is focused on macro social work practice including policy implementation and evaluation research methods and community organization.
- One open-rank tenure track faculty position jointly sponsored by the School of Social Work (the tenure home) and the Institute for Social Research.
- Application deadline is December 31, 2017. Review of applications will begin immediately.
- LINK to position announcement (posted 9/8/2017)
- Anyone know if these are 9 or 12-month positions? Also, any idea how much pressure there is to bring in grant funding here?
- There is an unreasonable amount of pressure surrounding grant funding.
- I would assume that these are 9 month position at all the top schools.
University of Minnesota - Twin Cities (MN)Edit
- 2 to 3 TT assistant or beginning associate professor positions
- Review of applications begins Oct. 15th
- LINK to CSWE.org posting
University of Minnesota - Duluth (UMD)Edit
University of MississippiEdit
University of Missouri (MO)Edit
- Open Rank Position: LINK
- The Search Committee will begin reviewing applications after September 15, 2017.
- Anyone know about the SSW here? Seems like they've been hiring frequently.
- I don't think their recent hirings have to do with people leaving for jobs elsewhere. Maybe retirements. The faculty that I know in the SSW feel very supported and it sounds like a collegial environment.
University of Missouri at St. Louis (MO)Edit
University of Missouri, Kansas City (MO)Edit
University of Montana (MT)Edit
University of Nebraska at KearneyEdit
University of Nebraska at OmahaEdit
University of Nevada, Las VegasEdit
University of Nevada, RenoEdit
University of New HampshireEdit
University of North Carolina at GreensboroEdit
- The Department of Social Work at The University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG) invites applications and nominations for a nine-month, tenured position at the Associate level.
- Link to job posting: https://jobsearch.uncg.edu/postings/9026
University of North Carolina at CharlotteEdit
University of North Carolina at Chapel HillEdit
University of North Carolina at PembrokeEdit
- The Department of Social Work at the University of North Carolina at Pembroke invites applications for one 9-month tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor.
- HigherEdJobs.com (posted 8/16/17)
- Open Until Filled
University of North Carolina at WilmingtonEdit
University of North DakotaEdit
- anticipating 2 openings for next year (info received by personal email)
University of North FloridaEdit
University of North TexasEdit
University of Northern IowaEdit
- The University of Northern Iowa's Department of Social Work invites applications for a full-time tenure track position at the rank of Assistant Professor, pending budget approval. The successful candidate's responsibilities include teaching three course sections per semester; participating in service to the University and community; scholarship production; and student advisement.
- Full Consideration Date: Friday, October 27, 2017.
University of OklahomaEdit
University of Oklahoma (Tulsa Campus)Edit
University of PennsylvaniaEdit
University of PittsburghEdit
University of St. Joseph (CT)Edit
University of South CarolinaEdit
University of South FloridaEdit
University of Southern CaliforniaEdit
University of Southern IndianaEdit
- The University of Southern Indiana Social Work Department invites applications for tenure-track faculty position at the assistant professor level, with appointments beginning in August of 2018.
- Online App. Form: https://usi.peopleadmin.com/postings/6094
University of Southern MaineEdit
- The University of Southern Maine seeks applicants for three tenure-track faculty positions at the Assistant Professor level in the School of Social Work to begin Fall, 2018. The School of Social Work prepares undergraduate students in generalist social work practice and graduate students in advanced social work practice. For more information about the School of Social Work please visit our website at http://usm.maine.edu/swo. We are also looking for faculty in other schools. For a complete listing, please visit http://usm.maine.edu/hrs/job-opportunities.
- Job Announcement
- Review of completed applications will begin on October 23, 2017. Materials received after this date may be considered at the discretion of the University. Faculty from the School of Social Work will be attending CSWE Annual Program Meeting October 19-22 2017.
University of Southern MississippiEdit
University of Tennessee, Knoxville (Nashville satellite campus)Edit
University of Tennessee MartinEdit
University of Texas at AustinEdit
- Tenured/Tenure-Track: The School of Social Work invites applications from scholars with expertise in Autism Spectrum Disorders and Neurodevelopmental Disabilities. Applicants must demonstrate that their research, teaching, writing, lecturing, and other activities are devoted to services and interventions for individuals with ASD-NDD and their families. Apply.
- Tenured/Tenure-Track: This is announcement is for all ranks (assistant, associate, and full professor). In addition to knowledge of the field of social work, applicants for tenured (or tenure-track) associate professor and full professor positions must demonstrate a strong track record of external funding, publications, teaching and mentoring doctoral students, and professional leadership in social work. Candidates for assistant professor positions must show promise of launching and maintaining a strong program of fundable research and significant progress in publications. Apply.
- Adjunct Assistant Professor: The School of Social Work routinely hires adjunct faculty to fill curricular needs on a part-time basis. Appointments are usually made on a semester-by-semester basis. Positions are renewable, contingent on need and performance. Apply.
- Lecturer: The School of Social Work occasionally hires non-tenure track faculty to fill curricular needs on a part-time basis. The positions are contingent upon student enrollment and the availability of funding. Appointments are usually made on a semester-by-semester basis, though occasionally a year-long appointment is made. Positions are annually renewable, contingent on funding and performance. Apply.
- Clinical: The School of Social Work welcomes applications for clinical faculty positions from exceptional practitioners in all fields of social work who are committed to excellence in teaching and field education. Preference will be given to candidates with experience teaching at the undergraduate and/or master’s degree levels. Involvement in service to the community and the profession is expected. Consideration will be given to applicants at all ranks (clinical assistant, clinical associate, and clinical professor). Apply.
University of Texas at ArlingtonEdit
The University of Texas at Arlington School of Social Work invites nominations and applications for multiple Assistant Professor Tenure-Track and Associate Professor Tenured positions effective Fall semester 2018.
- Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled. Applicants should upload the following information using the following website link: http://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/3781
University of Texas at San AntonioEdit
- TT Asst. Professor (Social Work)
University of Toronto (CAN)Edit
University of UtahEdit
- The University of Utah, College of Social Work invites applications for a 9-month tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. The position includes generous benefits, competitive salary, development funding, and a collegial environment. We seek a faculty colleague with expertise in quantitative research methods, especially in the following substantive areas: substance abuse, child welfare, or health.
- HigherEdJobs.com (posted 9/5/17)
- The University of Utah, College of Social Work invites applications for The Belle S. Spafford Endowed Chair in Women and Families, a 9-month tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor. The Spafford Chair was established to honor the memory of Belle S. Spafford, who was recognized as a leader in the LDS Church, the state of Utah, the United States, and internationally. The Chair position includes a competitive salary, generous benefits, development funding, and funding for research assistance through the Jacobsen Scholarship.
- LINK to SSWR Announcement (posted 9/8/2017)
- Anyone know about the climate here? I know they recently hired a new dean.
University of VermontEdit
University of Washington (Seattle)Edit
University of Washington (Tacoma)Edit
- Assistant Professor position. Link to CSWE announcement
University of Wisconsin-Green BayEdit
University of Wisconsin-MadisonEdit
- Will be hiring for one position. Announcement to be posted soon.
University of Wisconsin-MilwaukeeEdit
University of Wisconsin-Eau ClaireEdit
University of Wisconsin-StoutEdit
University of Wyoming (WY)Edit
Utah Valley UniversityEdit
Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU)Edit
Washburn University (KS)Edit
- Washburn University's Department of Social Work invites applications for two open positions of Assistant or Associate Professor beginning August 1, 2018. These positions are 9-month, tenure-track appointments.
- Instruction of 12 credit hours in the Social Work curriculum per semester. Classes can be at the undergraduate level or at the graduate level, which includes an emphasis in Clinical Social Work. Teaching will occur online and/or on campus as assigned. Responsibilities also include academic advising to students, holding on-campus office hours at least 3 days per week, service (professional, community, and university), and scholarly activity. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Application review will begin October 1, 2017 and continue until the positions are filled. Send application letter, vita, transcripts, and names and contact information for three professional references to: Beth Kuhn, School of Applied Studies, Washburn University, 1700 SW College Ave, Topeka, KS 66621; firstname.lastname@example.org. Electronic or hardcopy applications and application materials will be accepted.
Washington University in St. Louis (MO)Edit
- The Brown School at Washington University in St. Louis invites applications for full-time, tenure-track faculty positions at the rank of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor for Fall, 2018. Expertise or topic area is open.
- LINK to SSWR announcement
- Is this a 9 or 12-month position? 8/22
Wayne State University (MI)Edit
West Chester University (PA)Edit
West Texas A&M UniversityEdit
Western Connecticut State UniversityEdit
West Virginia University (WV)Edit
Western Carolina UniversityEdit
Western Michigan UniversityEdit
Westfield State University (MA)Edit
Wheelock College (MA)Edit
Widener University (PA)Edit
Winthrop University (SC)Edit
- Assistant/Associate Professor of Social Work (posted 8/18/17)
- A nine-month, full-time tenure track appointment with faculty rank. Salary is competitive and dependent on academic qualifications. There may be the option of additional summer employment if funds are available. Credit toward tenure may be granted for candidates who hold an equivalent Assistant / Associate Professor position at another college or university.
- Review of applicants will begin on October 23, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.
- Online App. Form: https://apply.interfolio.com/43922
Xavier University (OH)Edit
Youngstown State University (OH)Edit
- Youngstown State University Department of Social Work invites applications for a tenure-track assistant professor faculty position beginning August 2018.
- LINK to CSWE announcement (posted 9/8/2017)