Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
If you wish, please feel free to use this page to share information about salaries offered for positions in Rhetoric and Composition. This would be helpful to all current and future seekers. If you're willing to do this, make a note of the kind of job, the level (asst/assoc/full), the region, the kind of university, the salary, and any very significant perks/incentives (if any), male or female, and if you negotiated.
- Example: "Assistant Prof TT, South, Public University, $62,500 9 month contract, + summer teaching extra, $5,500 moving, $5000 startup, female (negotiated moving expense)"
Last Year's Page: Rhetoric/Composition Salaries for AY 2015-16
See also: English Lit Salaries for AY 2016-2017
Salaries for TT Jobs starting in AY 2016-17 - Asst. or Assoc. Professor of Rhet/CompEdit
- Assistant Prof TT, Midwest, Private Liberal Arts College, $65K, 9 month contract, 3-2 with one course release for first 3 years, pre-tenure sabbatical, $3,000 moving, $7,000 startup, female
Salaries for TT Technical/Professional Writing Positions starting in AY 2016-17Edit
- Assistant Prof TT, Southeast, R1, $61k, 9 month contract, 2/2, 1 semester pre-tenure sabattical, $6k moving, $15k startup, male.
- Assistant Prof TT, Northeast, Regional Public U, $67K (negotiated), 9 month contract, 4/4, $6K start-up (over 2 years), Computer, $1K yearly conference travel, no moving funds (state restriction), summer teaching extra, female
- Assistant Prof TT, Midwest, Regional Public U, $62K (union), 9 month contract, 3/2 (first year, 3/3 thereafter), $2500 startup, no moving (state regulations), $1500/year prof development, summer teaching extra, female
Salaries for WPA Positions starting in AY 2016-17Edit
Salaries for VAP / Lecturer [non-TT] Positions starting in AY 2016-17Edit
- NW public branch, small city, Permanent promotion track (female ABD), 3/3/4, $41 (negotiated) + $2K travel per year, $600 in state travel per year, $5K moving, health insurance and matching retirement, computer, househunting expenses covered, in charge of teaching schedule.
Salary Information from Previous YearsEdit
- 2009 Detailed Hiring Info (for Rhet/Comp jobs)
- Rhetoric / Composition 2010 Positions and Details
- Rhetoric/Composition Positions and Salaries 2011-12
- Rhetoric/Composition Salaries 2012-13
- Rhetoric/Composition Salaries for AY 2013-14
- Rhetoric/Composition Salaries for AY 2014-15