Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
What's your status?Edit
Currently in TT job:
PhD in hand, currently in non-TT job: 1
PhD in hand, currently unemployed: 1
ABD, but looking to defend this year: 1
ABD in non-TT job: 1
ABD, no defense, PhD this year: 1
European Portuguese: 2
Lusophone Africa: 2
Medieval / Renaissance:1
SLA/Pedagogy (language and culture): 1
Linguistics and sociolinguistics:
Native speaker: 2
Non-native speaker: 3
Heritage speaker: 1
Columbia University - Lecturer (non-TT) in Portuguese
Cornell University - Assistant Professor of Portuguese
- Acknowledgement sent via e-mail in late October
- Phone contact on 12/20 to set up MLA interview
- Second had: 2 campus visits scheduled (1/27)
- Offer extended to firs candidate.
Dartmouth College - Assistant Professor of Portuguese
- MLA interview (12/8 email) x2
- second hand: 4 campus visits (1/27)
- First hand: Had my campus visit already. Total 4 campus visits were scheduled. Last visit takes place 2/14, first offer will be made by 2/18.
- Offer made and accepted.
Florida International University - Assistant Professor of Portuguese
- Second hand, interview scheduled. (12/14)
Macalester College - Assistant Professor, focus Brazil
- They had phone interviews (second hand). Phone inter. (first hand) - From the "Spanish 2010-2011" wiki page.
Middlebury - One-year, non-TT position - Visiting Assistant Prof. of Portuguese (PhD in hand) or Visiting Instructor (ABD)
- Acknowledgement sent 12/01/2010 via snail mail
- They indicate that a shortlist should be prepared by mid-December
- MLA interview, email contact (12/14) x2.
- Phone contact on 12/16 to firm up MLA interview slots.
New York University - Two (2) full-time (non-TT) lecturers in Spanish and Portuguese
Temple University - Assistant Professor of Portuguese and Spanish
- Second hand, already carried out phone interview (before 12/14) - From the "Spanish 2010-2011" wiki page.
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor - Open-rank tenure line in Brazilian and Afro-Lusophone Studies
- Acknowledgement via e-mail on 11/08/2010
- Second-hand: campus visits scheduled
University of New Mexico Albuquerque - Assistant Professor of Portuguese
- Acknowledgement via e-mail on 12/02/2010
- Phone interviews already carried out (second-hand, see also "Spanish 2010-2011").
- Candidate already offered position
University of Oklahoma, School of International and Area Studies - Assistant Professor of Brazilian Studies (field open)
- Acknowledgement sent 10/27 via snail-mail
University of Pennsylvania - One-year, non-TT position - Lecturer in Portuguese
US Military Academy - Instructor / Assistant Professor of Portuguese (3-year appointment---non TT, non-renewable)
- Dartmouth College - MLA interviews scheduled (updated 12/15)
- Middlebury College (non-TT) - MLA interviews scheduled (updated 12/15)
Campus visits scheduledEdit
- Macalester--interviews last two weeks (updated Dec. 12)
- Dartmouth College (TT Portuguese position) - Campus interviews scheduled (1/23) - From the Spanish 2010-2011 page
- Cornell University - campus visits schedule (1/26)
- Dartmouth College (TT Portuguese position) - Last of 4 campus visits scheduled for Monday 2/14/11. Faculty selects first choice finalist during S&P Dept. meeting Wednesday, offer most likely will be made to that individual by end of week. Second hand: offer made and accepted.
Offers extended / acceptedEdit
- Macalester: Offer extended - Source: Spanish 2010-2011 wiki page
- Middlebury (1-year VAP, Portuguese): Offer accepted - Source: Spanish 2010-2011 wiki page
Word on the streetEdit
This wiki page should be cross-referenced with Spanish 2010-2011, considering that there are always TT slots for candidates doing both Spanish/Portuguese, and/or Latin Americanists who incorporate Brazil.