What's your status?Edit
Currently in TT job:
PhD in hand, currently in non-TT job: 1
PhD in hand, currently unemployed: 1
ABD, but looking to defend this year: 1
ABD in non-TT job: 1
ABD, no defense, PhD this year: 1
European Portuguese: 2
Lusophone Africa: 2
Medieval / Renaissance:1
SLA/Pedagogy (language and culture): 1
Linguistics and sociolinguistics:
Native speaker: 2
Non-native speaker: 3
Heritage speaker: 1
Columbia University - Lecturer (non-TT) in Portuguese
Cornell University - Assistant Professor of Portuguese
- Acknowledgement sent via e-mail in late October
- Phone contact on 12/20 to set up MLA interview
- Second had: 2 campus visits scheduled (1/27)
- Offer extended to firs candidate.
Dartmouth College - Assistant Professor of Portuguese
- MLA interview (12/8 email) x2
- second hand: 4 campus visits (1/27)
- First hand: Had my campus visit already. Total 4 campus visits were scheduled. Last visit takes place 2/14, first offer will be made by 2/18.
- Offer made and accepted.
Florida International University - Assistant Professor of Portuguese
- Second hand, interview scheduled. (12/14)
Macalester College - Assistant Professor, focus Brazil
- They had phone interviews (second hand). Phone inter. (first hand) - From the "Spanish 2010-2011" wiki page.
Middlebury - One-year, non-TT position - Visiting Assistant Prof. of Portuguese (PhD in hand) or Visiting Instructor (ABD)
- Acknowledgement sent 12/01/2010 via snail mail
- They indicate that a shortlist should be prepared by mid-December
- MLA interview, email contact (12/14) x2.
- Phone contact on 12/16 to firm up MLA interview slots.
New York University - Two (2) full-time (non-TT) lecturers in Spanish and Portuguese
Temple University - Assistant Professor of Portuguese and Spanish
- Second hand, already carried out phone interview (before 12/14) - From the "Spanish 2010-2011" wiki page.
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor - Open-rank tenure line in Brazilian and Afro-Lusophone Studies
- Acknowledgement via e-mail on 11/08/2010
- Second-hand: campus visits scheduled
University of New Mexico Albuquerque - Assistant Professor of Portuguese
- Acknowledgement via e-mail on 12/02/2010
- Phone interviews already carried out (second-hand, see also "Spanish 2010-2011").
- Candidate already offered position
University of Oklahoma, School of International and Area Studies - Assistant Professor of Brazilian Studies (field open)
- Acknowledgement sent 10/27 via snail-mail
University of Pennsylvania - One-year, non-TT position - Lecturer in Portuguese
US Military Academy - Instructor / Assistant Professor of Portuguese (3-year appointment---non TT, non-renewable)
- Dartmouth College - MLA interviews scheduled (updated 12/15)
- Middlebury College (non-TT) - MLA interviews scheduled (updated 12/15)
Campus visits scheduledEdit
- Macalester--interviews last two weeks (updated Dec. 12)
- Dartmouth College (TT Portuguese position) - Campus interviews scheduled (1/23) - From the Spanish 2010-2011 page
- Cornell University - campus visits schedule (1/26)
- Dartmouth College (TT Portuguese position) - Last of 4 campus visits scheduled for Monday 2/14/11. Faculty selects first choice finalist during S&P Dept. meeting Wednesday, offer most likely will be made to that individual by end of week. Second hand: offer made and accepted.
Offers extended / acceptedEdit
- Macalester: Offer extended - Source: Spanish 2010-2011 wiki page
- Middlebury (1-year VAP, Portuguese): Offer accepted - Source: Spanish 2010-2011 wiki page
Word on the streetEdit
This wiki page should be cross-referenced with Spanish 2010-2011, considering that there are always TT slots for candidates doing both Spanish/Portuguese, and/or Latin Americanists who incorporate Brazil.