Searches for academic positions in Piano, Piano Pedagogy, and Collaborative Piano in 2017-18. This page is for jobs that begin in 2018.
- Piano 2016-17 (last year)
- Piano/Piano Pedagogy/Collaborative Piano 2015-2016 (2 years ago)
- Piano/Piano Pedagogy 2014-15 (3 years ago)
- Piano/Piano Pedagogy 2013-14 (4 years ago)
- Music---Piano 2012-13 (5 years ago)
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE EDITING THE WIKI
Always attempt to start from the latest version of the wiki. If you see any notifications (located in the upper right hand corner), make sure that you are editing the correct page.
WHEN ADDING UPDATES OR MAKING CHANGES PLEASE DO NOT DELETE PRIOR TEXT. Simply add an update or bullet.
To edit a specific school, click the edit button next to the name of the school.
Also, I am copying the guidelines from the Humanities and Social Sciences Postdocs 2011-12 . I think we can all agree that we should strive to keep this page as easy to read as possible to maximize its usefulness.
1. Please place new positions in alphabetical order. Note that "University of X" should be alphabetized by U as first sort, and X as second sort within the U listings.
2. Please mark the title of the position using the H3 header.
3. Please include the deadline and a web link to the ad/website; PLEASE follow the format of other entries.
4. For logging comments or updates, please begin your entry with a bullet point. Each entry should have a separate line. 5. For substantive comments or updates about status, interaction, etc., please include the date at the beginning of your entry so that users can scan the info quickly for new entries.
Recent Activity on Piano Wiki 2017-18 Edit
Subscribe to RSS Feed for This Page: http://academicjobs.wikia.com/wiki/Piano_2017-18?feed=rss&action=history
Schools with Accepted OffersEdit
Format for this section:
University: Name (Current Position [if applicable], DMA-GRANTING INSTITUTION, and year, if known)
Jobs for 2018Edit
Cabrillo College: Adjunct Instructor - Music (Chamber Music and Piano) (Spring 2018) (Deadline: 16 December 2017)Edit
- Employment Opportunity: Temporary, part-time faculty assignment(s) are available in the following areas:
- Spring 2018:
- MUS 23 Advanced Piano
- MUS 23L Survey of Keyboard Pedagogy Through Literature
- MUS 40 Chamber Music Ensemble
- MUS 51A Class Piano I
- MUS 51B Class Piano II
- MUS 51C Class Piano III
- MUS 51D Class Piano IV
- MUS 68 Piano Ensemble
- MUS 68CP The Collaborative Pianist
- Minimum Qualifications: Required: Master's in music OR Bachelor's in music AND a Master's in humanities OR Equivalent OR Possess a lifetime California Community College Instructor credential in subject area
- Note: Graduate students currently working on a Master's degree are encouraged to apply, with the understanding that the graduate student MUST complete the Supplemental Application for Equivalency Determination form
- Additional Information: $1,166 - $1,788 per teaching unit, per semester, depending on education and experience. Cabrillo College provides a doctoral stipend of $78 per unit for eligible adjunct faculty. Assignments may be at various campus locations; days, evenings, and/or weekends; hours to be arranged.
- EACH APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT:
- Completed and signed Cabrillo College application.
- Job-related resume.
- At least one (1) letter of recommendation that addresses the candidate's teaching ability.
- Verification of educational qualifications (Foreign transcripts must be translated to determine equivalency to U.S. standards. Any fee for such translations is paid by the applicant):
- Transcripts from all colleges attended (unofficial transcripts, copies and downloads are acceptable). If selected, it is the responsibility of the candidate to provide official transcripts, diplomas, degrees or other documents as may be required. OR
- Copy of lifetime California Community College Instructor credential in subject area, front and back (if applicable). OR Supplemental Application for Equivalency Determination (Download PDF reader). (This is only necessary if candidate does not possess and submit proof of specified degrees listed in minimum qualifications).
- Please notify the Human Resources Department if you require any special accommodation(s) in meeting these requirements.