When Adding Positions, Format Names of Universities/Colleges With "Heading 3"
Mixed Hire/Multiple SpecialtyEdit
Appalachian State University - History, Social Studies EducationEdit
- Tenure track assistant professorship in History, Social Studies Education, to begin 15 Aug. 2013
- "Qualifications for this position include the Ph.D. in history and demonstrated experience in teaching social studies (history preferred) at the secondary level. Candidates who are ABD will also be considered, but the position requires completion of all doctoral requirements before August 2013. Teaching responsibilities include courses for majors seeking history/social studies licensure at the secondary level as well as General Education courses and courses in the successful candidate's area of specialization. Part of his/her time will be spent in the public schools supervising the department’s majors engaged in student teaching as well as helping to administer the history education program and advising students"
- Review begins: 1 Nov. 2012 and position is open until filled
- Notification of materials received: x1
- Rejection (no interview): via post, x1 (1/7)
- Job offered and accepted
Arkansas State University - History & Secondary EducationEdit
- 9-month tenure track assistant professorship in History, to begin Fall 2013
- Candidate must "teach courses for majors seeking Social Science licensure at the secondary level. Responsibilities include supervising the department's student teaching interns in the public schools, administering the Social Science Education program, and advising students. Candidates should have at least three years secondary teaching experience, the Ph.D. in History at time of appointment, and evidence of potential as a scholar and teacher"
- Deadline: 31 Jan. 2013
Bluefield State University (Virg.) - Assistant/AssociateEdit
[NB: originally posted at World/Global history, without a link to original ad. Please try to follow the wiki format - and use the 'preview' function to check that a post works - when you add a new entry. Thanks! AFII (talk) 08:58, October 19, 2012 (UTC)]
- Tenure track assistant or associate professor in history
- "We seek a candidate with an earned doctorate [by 1 Jun. 2013] in History who can teach world history courses including World Civilization, European History, History of the Far East, African History and Culture, Latin American History and courses in the area of specialization. This position may require developing and teaching courses online and at our branch campuses. All faculty positions include a minimum 12 credit teaching load (may include web based or interactive video instruction and/or courses at off-campus locations), academic advising, as well as participation in school committees and College governance. The successful will demonstrate evidence of the potential for excellence in teaching, dedication to College and community service, and an active research agenda."
- "Positions are dependent upon available funding. Interested applicants must submit a BSC application for employment and include a letter of application, curriculum vita, college transcripts (unofficial is acceptable) and contact information for three professional references to: Human Resources, Bluefield State College, 219 Rock Street, Bluefield, WV 24701 or by email to: email@example.com"
- Review begins: 1 Nov. 2012 and continues until position filled.
Carnegie Mellon University - Anthropology & HistoryEdit
- Tenure track faculty position in Anthropology & History
- 2/2 Load
- "Candidates’ research should engage with both anthropology and history, preferably drawing upon both ethnographic and archival methods. The successful candidate will teach courses in our Global Studies program, as well as in the History graduate program. We encourage applicants to demonstrate how their research and teaching will contribute to one or more of our graduate program’s thematic strengths in environment, science, technology, and health; African American and African diaspora; culture and power; labor and politics; and gender and family."
- HARDCOPY ONLY, Deadline: 1 Oct. 2012
- Also posted at Cultural Anthropology 2012-2013
- Rejection email arrived today (Dec. 7)
- Any word?
College of Charleston - History ChairEdit
- Nominations and applications for a tenured Associate or Full Professor in History & Department Chair
- "The field of specialization is open. The chair’s teaching load is one course per semester. The successful candidate must have a distinguished record of scholarship and teaching, in a department that places high value on both. Considerable administrative experience and a serious commitment to collaborative leadership are also required. "
- Review begins: 5 Nov. 2012 and position is open until filled.
- Query: anybody heard anything about this job? Why are they running an external search for a department chair?
East Tennessee State University - British, African, Carribean, World & Medicine(!)Edit
- Tenure track associate professorship in History, to begin Aug. 2013
- 3/3 Teaching Load
- "Applicants must possess a Ph.D. in history at the time of application with academic specializations in British, African, Caribbean and World History, and the social history of medicine."
- "Applicants will be expected to teach survey courses and upper-division and graduate courses in subject specialties."
- Review begins: 1 Mar. 2013 and position is open until filled
- Crossposted to History of Science Technology & Medicine 2012-13
Emory University - Law, Ethics and SocietyEdit
- Tenure track assistant professor in 'law, ethics & society' to begin Fall 2013
- "It is expected that successful applicants will have a tenure home in a humanities department, but the successful applicant will have research and teaching interests that are broadly interdisciplinary (perhaps bridging different colleges within the University). This position is open to scholars across the humanities and arts, including all literatures and language departments, history and all area studies, philosophy, religion, women's, gender, and sexuality studies, African American Studies, film and media studies, and legal studies."
- @This position is one of several new faculty appointments in the humanities made possible by support from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation. These interdisciplinary appointments seek to bridge humanistic inquiry with other disciplines by applying its traditional principles to new fields of study; by examining traditional areas of research and teaching by means of new approaches; and by exporting principles of humanistic inquiry across not only the humanities but the academy much more broadly."
- "We seek scholars whose work reflects on the origins, institutional frameworks, and philosophical foundations of the relations among law, ethics, and society: what the law is, how it has come to be, and what it ought to be in the wider context of society. Within this broad area, we are especially interested in receiving applications from individuals who focus on legal narratives and law as literature; citizenship, nationality, and/or non-citizenship within the United States or within a transnational or comparative perspective; or gender, sexuality, race, social class, disability, and/or other identities within the United States or from a transnational perspective."
- Review begins 1 Dec. until 15 Dec. 2012
- The ad specifies that "applications must include a cover letter and a current CV." The other Mellon position, in health and humanities, details an extensive list of materials that committee members want to accompany the CV and cover letter, so I'm a little thrown off by the "includes", with no other clarification, in this one. If they just wanted CV and letter, I suppose that the ad would simply say that, but why "includes" without the specifications? Is it just a free for all of additional materials? Or indeed simply CV and letter? Does anyone want to shed some light on this one? Many thanks.
- [response to earlier comment] I only submitted a cover letter and CV. If they wanted more, they'd ask for it!
- Received rejection: 1/11/13
- Has anyone been invited for a campus visit? (1/30/2013)
- I haven't heard anything yet (1/31) x3 (2/1) x1 (2/3) nothing yet
- Anyone know if calls are out?
- Nothing here (2/4).
- Word is they've made their pick of 3. (2/5)
- And made calls? Anyone been contacted? (2/5)
- still nothing here either way (2/6)
- I also heard they moved forward so I assume the chosen ones have been contacted. I wonder if they'll go back to the pool if picks fall through. (2/6)
- Formal email that finalists have been invited to campus and I'm no longer being considered. (2/12)
- Lecturer (tenured ~ Asst/Assoc Prof) in History, to begin 1 Sept. 2013
- "The Department of History at Goldsmiths is seeking to appoint a candidate with excellent teaching skills and who has a research profile which would allow the appointee to be submitted to the next Research Excellence Framework (REF) as part of a strong submission"
- "We welcome applications from suitably qualified scholars working in any area of history. The main criteria for shortlisting will be contribution to the department's REF submission."
- Deadline: 10 Jan. 2013
- Intend to interview 14 Feb. 2013.
- Invited for an interview 1/24 (x2)
- Job given to one the five candidates (2/15)
Harvard Business School - Economics and Political EconomyEdit
- Tenure Track Position in the Business, Government, and the International Economy unit
- We will consider candidates with a Ph. D. in History whose research interests and experience include international political economy, comparative political economy of industrialized or developing countries, political economy of development, economic history, history of economic policy and regulation, history of capitalism, or history of globalization. The search is open with regard to methodological approach and focus area.
- Deadline: 15 Nov. 2012
- Email invitation to interview at AHA (12/13) x2
- Also posted at World/Global_History_2012-13
Kennesaw State University (Geo.)- History Education & HistoryEdit
- 9-month tenure track assistant professorship in History Education and History, to begin Aug. 2013
- "Responsibilities will include teaching the History Education methods class as well US or World History classes, and supervision of students in the field,. Scholarly agenda is required. An earned doctorate in History Education/or SSED or History is required. Previous experience in 6-12 teaching is highly desired"
- Review begins immediately [16 Nov.] & for full consideration: 2 Dec. 2012
Koç University (Istanbul) - Open Field, Open RankEdit
- Qualified candidates should have a Ph.D. at the time of employment. Areas of specialization are open.
- Successful candidates will be expected to teach two courses per semester and is expected to have active research and publication.
- Located in Istanbul, Turkey, Koc University is a highly reputable private English-instruction university. More information about Koc University is available at www.ku.edu.tr.
- Deadline: 30 Nov. 2012
- Academic Fellowship (5 year research period segueing into tenured faculty position) in any area or field of historical study
- Deadline: 11 Jul. 2012
- Assistant, Associate or Full Professor in History
- "Candidates must hold a Doctorate degree in history, and must possess a strong record in teaching, research, and scholarly activities. Priority will be given to candidates who can teach courses in world history, history of the Middle East, and social economic history"
- Review begins immediately [29 Jan.] and position is open until filled
Liverpool John Moores University (UK) - post-1500Edit
- Lecturer or Senior Lecturer (tenured ~ Asst./Assoc or Assoc/Full professor) in History
- "An ability to teach in one or more of the following areas of post-1500 History is especially required: European History; History of USA. However, we encourage applicants who can contribute to any of the subject areas appropriate to History degree programmes. An ability to contribute to the activities of the LJMU Centre for Liverpool and Merseyside Studies would also be an advantage."
- Deadline: 31 Aug. 2012
- Anticipated start date: Jan 2013.
Louisiana State University - History and EducationEdit
- Tenure track assistant professor in History, "with interests in training secondary education teachers in social studies"
- "Required Qualifications: Ph.D. in History; strong research agenda and experience in secondary school settings. "
- "Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in History (any field) and/or Education; working with the existing secondary education coordinator in History to advise and supervise student interns and mentor teachers, and providing leadership for the Secondary Education program; maintaining an active research agenda with regular publication and serve on departmental and university committees."
- Review begins: 15 Nov. 2012 and position is open until filled.
Mississippi University for Women - History or Geography with Social Science EducationEdit
- Tenure track assistant professor in History (open specialty) or Geography "to oversee the department's 'Class A' secondary social studies teaching certification program" to begin in August of 2013.
- Required Qualifications: "a graduate degree in History or Geography (specialty open); appropriate course work or graduate degree in a complementary Education field; and teaching experience in history/social studies at the secondary level. At least one of the degrees earned should be a Ph.D."
- Responsibilities include: "lower- and upper-division courses in History or Geography; HIS 410 (Methods and Materials in Secondary History and Social Studies); and the social studies section of ED 409 (Observation and Directed Teaching in Secondary Education Grades 7-12). The load is 4-4, with opportunities for overloads and summer teaching."
- Deadline for applications is January 1, 2013, with semi-finalists selected for phone interviews in the winter and finalists invited for campus interviews by early spring.
- Open rank, tenure track & contract appointments in History
- "The applicants should offer a special area of research and teaching dealing with any historical period concerning Latin America, Sub-Saharan Africa, the Indian Ocean region, Southeast Asia, or the South Pacific. We are seeking historians with a transnational, global or cross-disciplinary approach, an active research and publishing agenda, and a demonstrated commitment to undergraduate teaching"
- Deadline: Not Stated in Ad (Startdate Sept. 2013 or possible deferral to Sept. 2014)
- Tenure track 9-month assistant professorship in History, to begin 16 Aug 2013
- "The successful candidate will teach courses on Classical and Hellenistic Greek history and culture, sports history. Will also teach introductory courses in Western Civilization, World History, and American Civilization. Other responsibilities as assigned" [!!!!!!!!]
- PhD must be in hand by date of appointment
- For full consideration: 13 Mary 2013
Stephen F. Austin University (Tx) - Africa, Middle East, South Asian/World.Edit
- Tenure track assistant professorship in in African, Middle Eastern, or South Asian history to begin in August 2013.
- Teaching load: 12 hours/semester
- "The successful candidate must be able to teach World History surveys in addition to undergraduate and graduate courses in their area of specialization. Ph.D. in history or equivalent degree in a related field is preferred by the time of appointment, but advanced ABD applicants will also be considered"
- Review begins: 26 Nov. 2012 and continues until the position is filled
- Contacted for phone interview (mid-Dec)
- Phone interview request: 12/4/12
- Invitation for campus interview: 12/11/12
- The Department of History and Politics invites applications for a tenure-track position in History. Primary teaching responsibilities include lower-division courses in African, Latin American or East Asian history and contemporary events. The successful candidate will be expected to advise students and participate in the Core curriculum. Preference will be given to the candidate who has demonstrated excellence in teaching.
- Deadline 12/3
- Also posted at Latin American History 2012-13
- Anybody know anything about this search?
Southern New Hampshire University - Non-Western post-1800Edit
- Assistant Professorship (TT-status unclear) in the modern history of the non-Western world, 1800 to present, to begin 1 Sept.
- Teaching Load: 7 courses/year
- "Topical subfields are open, as is geographical specialty (excluding Russia and Latin America). Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated teaching and research expertise in Asian history. A strong record of success in teaching undergraduates is essential. The successful candidate will help to pilot the department’s newly-adopted introductory courses in world civilization, and will contribute as well to the university’s General Education initiative by assisting with the ongoing expansion of the history curriculum."
- Deadline: not stated in ad. ad expires 30 Aug. 2013
- Crossposted to Asian History 2012-13
University of Arkansas- Afro-Caribbean HistoryEdit
- Tenure track assistant professorship in Afro-Caribbean History "with a preference for the Spanish-speaking Caribbean"
- "The successful candidate will have a 2/2 teaching load and hold a joint appointment in the History Department and the African and African American Studies Program, with the opportunity to participate in the Latin American Studies Program. Tenure and promotion will be in History. The successful candidate will also be expected to play a significant role in the graduate program in History (MA and PhD) and contribute to establishing a graduate certificate in African and African American Studies. Ph.D. in History is required by the time of appointment."
- Deadline: 1 Nov. 2012
- 4 candidates invited for campus visits.
- Offer extended to top candidate on February 18
University of Arkansas - [non-TT; VAP] International Relations/Modern South AsiaEdit
- Two year Visiting Assisstant Professor in International Relations with a specialty in Modern South Asia
- 2/3 Teaching Load, including "the interdisciplinary Introduction to International Relations course and upper-level History courses in his or her area of expertise."
- "Salary is competitive. Ph.D. in History is required by time of appointment."
- Deadline: 31 Dec. 2012
University of Calgary - History of EnergyEdit
- Tier II Canada Research Chair
- Prospective applicants are encouraged to discuss their candidacy with Dr. Hendrik Kraay, head of the Department of History.
University of Lincoln (UK) - Open FieldEdit
- Early Career Researcher (Lectureship/tenured Assoc. or Asst. Prof) in History
- "The School’s 13 historians have particular research strengths in cultural, modern political, medieval and gender history. History returned successfully in RAE 2008. It has built on this through developing its research expertise in medieval history. The successful candidate will add to our growth by enhancing our key research areas and will be expected to provide a full research profile for submission in the REF 2013"
- Deadline: 19 Oct. 2012
- Received rejection email (dated 11/08, had been caught by my spam filter). It was sent to all those who weren't shortlisted, with the emails plain for everyone to see (oops).
University of Liverpool (UK) - 3 posts(!) Exc. Modern European, pref. for Transnational/globalEdit
- Lecturer or Senior Lecturer (tenured~asst/assoc or assoc/full prof) positions in History
- "We are looking to recruit scholars with expertise in any period or aspect of History, apart from Modern European History. We hope to strengthen our developing interest in Transnational and Global History. We welcome interest from candidates who are excited about taking forward our work with local partners in Liverpool and the North-West more broadly."
- Deadline: 28 Feb. 2013
- Have interview dates been scheduled for this? (3/21)
- Anyone shortlisted? (3/24)
- any news on this one? (3/25)
- Notification of shortlist; interviews scheduled via Skype or in-person on 25-26 April. I am an Africanist. (4/3)
- Tenure track faculty position in History, to begin Fall 2013
- "Preferred areas of expertise include women's history, gender history, Maine and/or New England history, and/or history of international relations."
- Teaching Load: 12 credit hours/semester "This faculty member will be expected to offer courses online using one or more of UMA’s distance education modalities. The teaching load is 12 credit hours per semester. The successful candidate will teach a two-semester course in world history"
- "Faculty positions require teaching both day and evening on our campuses in Augusta, Bangor, and/or at University College Centers; student advising; curriculum development; research and scholarship; university and community service. The successful candidate will also be expected to teach via one or more of the distance education modalities utilized by the University: interactive television, video conferencing, and online instruction"
- For full consideration: 1 Jan. 2013
University of Massachusetts - Heritage StudiesEdit
- Tenure track assistant professorship in History, with a specialization in Heritage Studies, to start 1 Sept. 2013
- "We seek a candidate whose research includes community-based history projects as well as initiatives in such areas as oral and public history and historic preservation. Teaching will include undergraduate and graduate courses in oral and public history as well as introductory and advanced level courses in area of specialization."
- "The Department is especially interested in applicants with experience working with (im)migrant, indigenous, or African diasporic communities but welcomes applications from other scholar-practitioners who concentrate on the study of heritage. PhD required. The PhD may be in History or related field."
- Deadline: 30 Nov. 2012
- any word on this one?
- invitation for Skype interview received by email, 1/17.
- anyone heard any news since Skype interviews?
- there have been campus visits (3/14)
University of Minnesota - Twin Cities - Early Modern HistoryEdit
- Tenure track assistant professorship in History
- "Candidates’ work should display an inter-disciplinary and/or trans-regional focus. A completed doctorate in history or in a related field with a focus on history, in hand before beginning the appointment, and a dissertation on a topic appropriate to the position are required. Candidates must demonstrate scholarly excellence with evidence of potential for scholarly distinction and an ability to teach at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, and they must have a specialization including one or several of the following areas: Islamic Africa and the Indian Ocean region, Europe and the Mediterranean world, North America and the Atlantic world."
- Review begins: 1 Nov. 2012 & position is open until filled
- 4 Campus interviews underway throughout Dec.
University of Oslo (Norway) - International Contemporary History (after 1918)Edit
- See posting at World/Global History 2012-13
University of Oslo (Norway) - Western Contemporary History (after 1918)Edit
- See posting at European History 2012-13
Université de Sherbrooke (Ca.) - histoire de l'Europe OU des AmériquesEdit
- Professeur/e en Histoire de l'Europe ou des Ameriques
- Topic and period are open, though a preference is stated for candidates with experience of digital history
- Deadline: 7 Sept. 2012 (ideally to start Dec. 2012)
- Has anyone heard anything re: this position? (9/27)
University of St. Gallen (Switz.) - Cultural, Economic & Political History, 19th/20thCEdit
- Senior Lecturer (tenured) in History "We are looking for competencies in the economic, cultural and political history of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, taking account of national, European and global perspectives."
- "The languages of instruction are German and English. English speaking candidates must agree to learn German within two years. An outstanding doctorate is a prerequisite of employment. Applicants should demonstrate broad teaching experience as well as a high level of pedagogical competence; the latter should be documented by teaching evaluations and, where appropriate, proofs of pedagogical training. Experience with interdisciplinary work, especially in connection with management, economics, law and/or political science, will be seen as an advantage"
- Deadline: 19 Sept. 2012
University of Worcester (UK) - Modern International HistoryEdit
- Open field but with preference for German, Russian or Empire history. See original posting on European History page.
West Chester University (Penn.) - History and Social Studies EducationEdit
- Tenure track assistant professorship in History and Social Studies Education "to teach a course on secondary social studiesteaching methodology and supervise student-teachers as well as contribute to the teaching of graduate and undergraduate history courses, including relevant survey courses"
- (Position dependent on funding)
- "The area of specialization is open, but preference will be given to those with a background in some aspect of world/global history, in genocide and/or with the ability to teach online/hybrid courses. Secondary school teaching experience and/or certification a plus"
- 4/4 teaching load "may including teaching at off-campus sites and/or through distance learning."
- Review begins: 16 Nov. 2012 and continues until filled
- Request for additional materials (12/8)
Western Kentucky University - Honors Interdisciplinary StudiesEdit
- 9-month Tenure eligible position(s) at Assistant Professor Level
- "Teaching will be focused in the Citizen and Self track of the Honors College core curriculum...[including] Exploration of the role of citizen as a problem-solver and co-creator of public goods; Theoretical knowledge and practical skills that prepare students to work effectively in their communities, social groups, and broader society to initiate and achieve social change; Development of strong writing and research skills, with a focus on knowledge creation; “Citizen Professionalism” and the role of the professional as collaborator, organizer, and catalyst for positive social change Engagement with methodologies and approaches to public and community-based research; Interdisciplinary perspectives, methods, and insights to critically examine social issue"
- "Disciplinary specialty is open, but we seek teacher-scholars who are eager to work collaboratively with exceptional students in an interdisciplinary environment, teach innovative team-taught courses/seminars, utilize problem-based pedagogies, and participate actively in the intellectual life of the Honors College."
- An earned doctorate is required; however, exceptional ABD applicants may be considered
- SHORT Deadline: 28 Feb 2013
York St John University (UK) - 4 positionsEdit
- Four lectureships (tenured ~Asst/Assoc Prof) in History
- "We are looking to appoint up to four posts in History. The successful candidates will have expertise in one or more of the following areas: the ancient world; archaeology/local history; medieval Britain and Europe; early modern Britain; the post-colonial world. You will be responsible for contributing to the existing undergraduate programme as well as developing new curriculum at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels."
- A PhD (or near completion) and publication record in a relevant subject area is essential for the post.
- SHORT deadline: 25 Apr. 2013
- Cross posted to European History
Medieval/Early Modern HistoryEdit
Queensborough Community College (NY) - [Inst/Asst Prof] MedievalEdit
- Instructor or Assistant Professor in Medieval History
- "The successful candidate will teach Medieval and Early Modern Civilization and additional areas of Western or non-Western Civilization. Faculty members are encouraged to develop specialized courses in their own field of expertise; participate in departmental and college responsibilities including curriculum development and grants; and provide mentoring and advisement to students. Some evening or weekend teaching may be required. For Instructor title: scholarly activities required for continued appointment.For Assistant Professor title: scholarly activities required for tenure and promotion."
- Deadline: Not stated in ad, ad expires 18 Feb. 2013
- Anything yet? (3/18)
University of Birmingham (UK) - MedievalEdit
- Lecturer (tenured ~Asst/Assoc Prof) in Medieval History
- "We are looking for a historian whose research interests fall within the period c. 300-1500, anywhere in the world. Geographic and thematic specialization are both open, though we would particularly welcome applications from candidates whose interests speak to one or more of the following: the early medieval period (to the 11th century), India or the Islamic world, early medieval British Isles in a wider context."
- Deadline: 30 Nov. 2012
- Intend to interview in Jan 2013.
Victoria University of Wellington (New Zeal.) - Early ModernEdit
- Lecturer (tenured ~Asst/Assoc Prof) in Early Modern History
- "The successful applicant will have a PhD in History; a strong research record for an early career academic; the potential to attract postgraduate students; and have experience in teaching at tertiary level. The successful applicant will teach on average two and a half courses per annum"
- "Candidates should include a cover letter, a CV including full bibliographical details, and a statement of teaching interests. The statement of teaching interests should describe sample courses in which students use relevant primary sources available either online or from Wellington repositories, either Victoria University's Library or Wellington's Alexander Turnbull Library. For information on sources available at Victoria University Library, contact the library's history liaison, Justin Cargill, Justin.Cargill@vuw.ac.nz"
- Deadline: 25 Nov. 2012
Aberystwyth University (UK;Wales) - post-1750, Welsh-languageEdit
- Lectureship (tenured ~Asst/Assoc Prof) in Modern History through the medium of Welsh, to begin 1 Sept. 2013
- "Applications are welcome from specialists in any aspect of British, European or other area of world history after 1750"
- "The successful candidate will be expected to teach in Welsh and English at both undergraduate and graduate level; to supervise undergraduate and graduate dissertations and to participate in University examining at undergraduate and taught graduate level. The successful candidate will also have a strong research record or exhibit evidence of the capacity to develop such a record in a relevant field of the history of Britain, Europe, or other area of world history after 1750."
- Deadline: 14 Jun. 2013
Aberystwyth University (UK;Wales) - Non-WesternEdit
- Lectureship (tenured ~Asst/Assoc Prof) in Modern Non-Western History, to begin 1 Sept 2013
- "Applications are particularly welcome from specialists in Indian, African, South American or Middle-Eastern/Asian history (after c.1750)."
- "The successful candidate will be expected to teach at both undergraduate and graduate level; to supervise undergraduate and graduate dissertations and to participate in University examining at undergraduate and taught graduate level. The successful candidate will also have a strong record of research and grant capture or exhibit evidence of the capacity to develop such a record in a relevant field of the history of the non-western world after 1750."
- Deadline: 14 Jun. 2013
- Lectureship (tenured ~Asst/Assoc Prof) in Modern History
- "Whilst we welcome candidates from a wide range of areas that might fit into our departmental profile, we particularly welcome applications from historians with expertise in the following areas: (i) the United States; (ii) Russia or the Soviet Union; (iii) Britain."
- PhD in History or relevant discipline; experience of teachign at graduate and undergraduate level; research outputs and full REF contribution.
- Deadline: 17 Aug. 2012
- Intend to interview 25 Sept.
- Professor/Associate Professor in Modern History
- "Our specific requirement is for a highly accomplished historian of international or European history in the 19th and 20th centuries but proposals from other fields within the discipline will be welcomed."
- "The successful candidate will help to support the Head of the Department of Politics, History, Media and Communication in achieving its goals in the areas of research, research-informed teaching and enterprise. S/he will be an excellent team player with experience of team and programme supervision. A factor that distinguishes the post’s seniority is the expectation that the appointee will lead funding application processes and help to assemble and manage research teams that deliver academic publications and value-added knowledge transfer. In this regard a capacity to contribute to the development of the Archbishop Desmond Tutu Centre for the Study of War and Peace, which is housed within the Department, would be desirable."
- "The post holder will be expected to administer, develop and deliver degree provision at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Current teaching needs are in the areas of 20th century European history. The new Professor or Associate Professor can expect, subject to the boundaries of expertise, to teach across a range of programmes in history, international relations, politics and media and communication"
- Deadline: 19 Nov. 2012
- Lecturer/Senior lecturer (tenured ~Asst/Assoc or Assoc/Full Prof) in History
- Applicants should be "Engaging in high quality research leading to publication of international quality outputs in one or more of the following fields: Fascism, Anti-Fascism and Post-Fascism; Cultural History (European Cultural Heritage; Cold War Cultures; 19th Century Britain); Regional and Local History."
- SHORT DEADLINE: 9 Apr. 2013
- Senior Lectureship (tenured ~Assoc Prof) in Modern or Contemporary History
- "The Senior Lectureship is in modern or contemporary history (1800-2010, cultural or political); the post holder may specialise in American historical studies, or they may complement our existing strengths in Africa/African Diaspora, British and European areas. Applicants with original research new to Chichester, e.g. American history, Art history, Disability history, Sport history, Espionage history etc., are as welcome to apply."
- Deadline: 10 Oct. 2012
- Intend to interview 19 Oct. 2012
University of Hertfordshire (UK) - 20th CEdit
- Lectureship (tenured ~ Asst/Assoc Prof) in History, to start 1 Sept. 2013
- "The successful candidate will offer a specialism in twentieth century history (preferably with a non-British, international or global perspective) and an ability to contribute to the development of teaching within the fields of narrative practice, digital storytelling and/or oral history. You should have, or be near completion of, a PhD in a relevant area of History"
- Deadline: 12 Apr. 2013
University of Hertfordshire (UK) - post-1500Edit
- Lectureship (tenured ~Asst/Assoc Prof) in History, to start 1 Sept 2013
- "We welcome applicants specialising in any area of history since 1500, in particular those who are able to complement or extend our teaching provision in local and regional history, early modern history up to 1700, gender history or digital history"
- "Under current UKBA regulations, the University is unlikely to be able to get a work permit in respect of this post. We can therefore only accept applications from people who will have the right to work in the UK for at least one year from the date of appointment."
- SHORT Deadline: 9 May 2013
University of Leicester (UK) - [Non-TT] Modern Extra-European (exc. USA)Edit
- 4 1/2 year lectureship (~asst/assoc prof) in Modern Extra-European History
- "You will work with colleagues of modern extra-European history across the School to develop further our research portfolio, our undergraduate and postgraduate teaching provision, and enhance the reputation of and network the School through engagement across the University and in appropriate external roles.You will work in any area of extra-European history, but not including North America, from the eighteenth century onwards. You may take any historiographical approach to your research, including quantitative methods. This role will involve working particularly closely with our existing research cluster in "Colonial, Postcolonial and Global History,""
- Deadline: 20 Dec. 2012
University of Mannheim (Ger.) - Professor, Contemporary HistoryEdit
- Professorship in Contemporary History (initially a fixed term appointment, to finish Sept 2017, but the university intend to convert it to a tenured position)
- "The successful candidate is expected to represent the entire field in research and teaching in all study programmes of the School of Humanities: State Examination of Teachers, B.A. and M.A. programmes, as well as the interdisciplinary B.A. and the M.A. programmes in Culture and Economy/Business. Courses are taught in German and English. It is therefore desirable that the postholder possesses extensive international experience and becomes actively involved in the conceptional development of a research project within the School's interdisciplinary research and teaching programme 'Dynamics of Change'."
- "Prospective candidates demonstrate pedagogical aptitude and hold a doctoral degree as well as a strong record of scientific achievements proven by a habilitation or equivalent."
- Deadline: 26 Oct. 2012
University of Reading (UK) - Modern HistoryEdit
- Lectureship (tenrued ~Asst/Assoc Prof) in Modern History
- "The Department of History is seeking a high-quality researcher and university teacher with a strong list of publications in place for the forthcoming Research Excellence Framework"
- Deadline: 12 Jun. 2013
- Intend to interview 16 July