Back to: History 2016-17
Last Year's Page: Open Field or Mixed Hire 2015-16
When posting new jobs:
- Please try to follow the format of existing posts
- Use the 'Preview' button to check for errors before hitting 'Publish';
- Please include a link to the original advert in the heading.
- When posting new jobs, please use Heading 2 for new categories, and Heading 3 for jobs.
- Add entries in alphabetical order. (Note that "University of X" should be alphabetized by U as first sort, and X as second sort within the U listings.
RECENT ACTIVITY (RSS FEED) Edit
Loading RSS data...
Subscribe to RSS feed for this page: http://academicjobs.wikia.com/wiki/Open_Field_or_Mixed_Hire_2016-17?feed=rss&action=history
Mixed Hire/Multiple SpecialtyEdit
North Carolina State University (USA:NC) - History of SlaveryEdit
- Tenure track assistant or associate professorship in the History of Slavery
- Though region and period of specialization are open, successful candidates should situate their work within the broader historiography of slavery in the making of modern world
- Candidates should have a PhD in History or a relevant field in the Humanities or Social Sciences, or ABD with confirmed plans to defend the dissertation within the next year.
- C State University now requires all applications to be initiated electronically. To apply, visit https://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/71259 and click “Apply to this Job.” Applications should include a cover letter; curriculum vitae; three letters of recommendation; and a chapter-length writing sample. Letters should be addressed to: Professor Brent Sirota, Chair, Search Committee, Department of History, North Carolina State University, Campus Box 8108, Raleigh, NC, 27695-8108. Questions can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadline: 1 Sept. 2016