This page is for jobs that begin in 2018.
Recent Activity on Music Administration Wiki 2017-18 Edit
Subscribe to RSS Feed for This Page: http://academicjobs.wikia.com/wiki/Music Administration 2017-18?feed=rss&action=history
- The department chair provides leadership for the department and works collaboratively with the faculty to meet the academic needs of students, and to foster excellence in programs, instruction, scholarly activity, and service. The position is a 12-month appointment reporting to the dean of the college. As a member of the music faculty, the department chair contributes to the work of the department through teaching (half-time), remaining active as a scholar, composer or performer and through service. The department chair must have the capability to effectively manage course scheduling, budgets, personnel and facilities, contribute to NASM accreditation, lead curriculum development, cultivate and maintain alumni relations, raise funds, and carry out other department leadership functions in addition to performing other duties as assigned.
- The Georgia Institute of Technology invites nominations and applications for the position of Chair of the School of Music in the College of Design in Atlanta, Georgia. Appointment is anticipated on or before July 1, 2018. The School offers a B.S. in Music Technology, a Master of Music Technology, and a Ph.D., as well as a Music Minor open to all students at Georgia Tech. The School is positioned to be the premier School of Music Technology in the country.
Gettysburg College: Director of the Sunderman Conservatory of Music (Deadline 9/8/17)
- Gettysburg College, located in historic Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, seeks an ambitious, innovative, and inspiring leader to serve as Director of the Sunderman Conservatory of Music, a unique educational model embedded within an engaged liberal arts environment. This appointment offers an exciting and significant opportunity for a talented music educator to lead a young and vibrant conservatory through its next period of growth and evolution at a nationally ranked liberal arts residential college that is committed to educating and preparing students for lives of meaningful engagement through intensive academic study, experiential learning, and service to the community and the profession of music. The Director serves as the intellectual and artistic leader of the Conservatory and reports directly to the Provost of the College.
- The Department of Music of the School of Arts and Communication at Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma, WA, seeks a dynamic chair with a vision to sustain and advance a widely acclaimed program of artistic and academic excellence. Rank of Associate or Full Professor. Teaching responsibilities based upon expertise and needs of the department.
Butler University: Dean of the Jordan College of the Arts (deadline 08/21/17)
- Butler University invites nominations and applications for an exceptional leader to serve as Dean of the Jordan College of the Arts. The Dean reports to the Provost and provides strategic academic and administrative leadership for the College.
- The Assistant Dean of Enrollment Management in the Chicago College of Performing Arts (CCPA) is the proactive and collaborative leader of the CCPA enrollment team, providing enrollment services that meet the unique needs of both the Music and Theatre Conservatories, while anticipating and responding appropriately to external challenges and regulatory changes. The Assistant Dean of Enrollment Management is responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of comprehensive new student admission and financial services for CCPA students that includes local, regional, national and international student recruitment. This is a full-time, exempt, administrative position that reports to the Dean of the Chicago College of Performing Arts. Required Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in related field; minimum six years leadership and supervisory position in a collegiate admissions office. Preferred Qualifications: Master's degree preferred with a minimum of 5 years' experience in performing arts college recruitment.
- The Conservatory of Music at Oberlin College invites applications for a full-time Administrative and Professional Staff position as Assistant/Associate Dean for Artistic Programming and Operations beginning in the 2017-18 academic year.
- Reporting to the Dean of the Conservatory, the Assistant/Associate Dean for Artistic Programming and Operations holds primary operational responsibility for all Conservatory performance activities, enhancing artistic operations, implementing special projects, liaising with various offices on campus, and representing Oberlin in the broader professional community both nationally and internationally.
- San Jose State University seeks a strategic, innovative leader and a powerful spokesperson deeply committed to the humanities and the arts for its next dean of the College of Humanities and the Arts. The College of Humanities and the Arts offers high-quality programs that prepare students to be lifelong learners, skilled critical thinkers and professionals in the arts.
- The University of Oregon invites nominations and applications for dean of the School of Music and Dance. Reporting to the provost and senior vice president of academic affairs, the dean is the chief academic and administrative officer, oversees all aspects of the school's mission and operation, and serves as the chief spokesperson and fundraiser for the school.
Levine Music-Head of Campuses (deadline 08/31/17)
- Levine Music invites applications and nominations for the newly-created position of Head of Campuses, available Fall 2017. The Opportunity: The Head of Campuses (HOC) is a new senior-level leadership position responsible for overseeing the school-wide customer service operations, management of all Levine campuses, and will assist the CEO with new campus development. The HOC is also the lead point of contact for all prospective and existing students at Levine's main campus in Northwest DC, and oversees the movement of prospective and current students through the enrollment and re-enrollment processes at all Levine campuses.
- Assistant or Associate Professor (Tenure-track). Starting Date: January 22, 2018, with possibility of extending start date to August 20, 2018 if necessary. Initial appointment will be as Director of the Ira F. Brilliant Center for Beethoven Studies under renewable term conditions. Individual shall be responsible for overall strategic leadership of the Center. Responsibilities: Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in the School of Music and Dance, including, but not limited to, courses in Music Appreciation, Music History, upper-division writing, and graduate seminars in Research and Bibliography, Music History, and Performance Practice. Act as thesis advisor for master's students and serve on graduate student committees. Participate in School administrative activities, and serve on School, College, and University committees. Build and sustain a record of research, scholarly, and creative activities.
- Also posted at Musicology/Ethnomusicology 2017-18.