This page is for Jewish Studies / Israel Studies jobs that begin in 2018.
Last year's page: Jewish Studies 2016-2017
- Please note if jobs are cross-listed on other pages, whenever possible.
- Please use "Heading 3" when adding names of schools / positions to this page.
RECENT ACTIVITY on Jewish Studies 2017-18 Wiki Edit
- Loading RSS data...
Subscribe to RSS Feed for this page: http://academicjobs.wikia.com/wiki/Jewish_Studies_2017-2018?feed=rss&action=history
ABD (will finish this academic year):
Ph.D. in hand (one-year, VAP, Lecturer, Post-doc, adjunct):
Search Committee Member:
Faculty "Job Coach":
TOTAL: <----- update the total!
2017-2018 JEWISH STUDIES JOBS - Full-Time / Tenure-Track Edit
University of Chicago (IL) - Modern European Jewish History [Open Rank]Edit
- Open rank search for a scholar of 19th/20thC European Jewish History, to begin 1 Jul. 2018
- Preference will be given to applicants who have a research interest in the Shoah and who have knowledge of Hebrew, Yiddish, or Ladino. The successful candidate will contribute to both the undergraduate and graduate programs and will be required to teach one undergraduate course per year on the history of the Shoah. It is expected that she or he will participate actively in the Center for Jewish Studies, as well as in the History Departmen
- Interested candidates must apply online at the University of Chicago's Academic Career Opportunities website at http://tinyurl.com/kwpb96o.
- All applications must include 1) a cover letter, 2) curriculum vitae, 3) teaching statement, 4) research statement and 5) a recent published chapter or article. Applicants at the level of assistant professor must also include three letters of recommendations in their dossier (instructions for submitting letters will be provided during the application process).
- Review begins: 1 Sept. 2017 and continues until position filled.
- Also posted at European History 2017-18