Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The biology page on this site has a nice google spreadsheet that is easy to read and check for updates. I created one and entered the first Job (the Barrett Honors College Job). Please consider updating the spreadsheet as you find jobs and hear back information.
How many people are checking this page?: 8
Arizona State University (Barrett Honors College)Edit
- Lecturer, Barrett Honors College
- Qualifications: A PhD in any field of social sciences, (including interdisciplinary and area studies, e.g. African American studies), or natural sciences (including interdisciplinary programs, e.g., environmental science), is required. Applicants with specialties in Asia, Africa and Latin America and/or whose teaching and research engages diverse perspectives and contributes to knowledge about our multicultural society are particularly encouraged. Experience leading discussion seminars is desirable.
- Deadline: March 4, 2011
- (4/14/11) Application submitted in early March. No feedback yet.
- Emailed for an update. Position has been filled as of 5/18/11.
- Interdisciplinary Faculty - Core Division
- "The Core Division at Champlain College is charged with delivering a four-year fully integrated curriculum to all traditional undergraduate students. We have an opening for a faculty member who has experience in interdisciplinary teaching, to be appointed at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor."
- "We seek applications from individuals committed to innovative pedagogy, collaborative teaching, and curriculum development. Materials must be submitted by October 15, 2010. Please send a letter of application and curriculum vitae online at www.champlain.edu/hr."
- Has anyone heard anything? Anybody know what the process was in the past?
- Rejection email received 11/18. Dying to know who they will hire. Rejection email 2/7/11
- Ditto on the rejection and ditto on "dying to know."
- Anyone else not heard anything (rejection or request)? (11/27)
- Submitted application Oct 12th, haven't heard anything at all. (11/28)
- I have a phone interview today (M Dec 6).
- To the phone interviewee, are you willing to let us know what field you're in (e.g., composition studies, psychology)? The ad is so broad and the faculty so diverse in field that it's hard to pin down what CC is looking for. At least it is for me.
- Any more updates on this one? (12/15)
- Invited to on-campus interview (12/15)
- Assistant Professor in the interdisciplinary Law, Politics, and Society Program with a focus on intersections of science, technology, knowledge and the law
- Due 11/1
- A short list has been made and telephone interviews are scheduled.
- See the conversation in the history section on this -- if you are on the short list you might want to think twice about this one.
- I'm pretty sure this is a different position from the one being discussed on the U.S. History page (that one focuses on U.S. environmental history).
- I have from a very good source that this is indeed a different position from the one being discussed on the history page. Also, there's no inside candidate for this position.
- Has anyone heard anything more about this position? 12/21 No. (1/15) No (1/29). No (2/20)
Emory University (Race and Science)Edit
- Open-rank faculty position, tenured or tenure-track, with research interests in Race and Science. We recognize the importance of complex and critical examinations of the social, political and ethical challenges raised by the use and misuse of concepts of race in the sciences. We are interested in scholars whose work bridges the sciences and the humanities and investigates socio-political concepts of race as they historically and currently have intersected with, and been constituted by, the biological sciences, medicine, and health more generally.
- This new position will be located in the department(s) appropriate to the successful candidate's research interests and background. While preference will be given to senior scholars, we will consider applicants at all ranks.
- Review of applications will begin on February 1, 2011.
- Also posted at History of Science Technology & Medicine, 2010-11
- Assistant Professor/Faculty Fellow position. The initial appointment will be for one year beginning September 1, 2011, renewable annually for a maximum of three years, pending administrative and budgetary approval.
- CEMS/NYU seeks a scholar specializing in one or more of the following fields: comparative European/Mediterranean politics, anthropology, or sociology, or contemporary or recent European/Mediterranean history. We are particularly interested in candidates with research and/or teaching interests concerning the European Union. Responsibilities include teaching three courses per year (including one undergraduate and one graduate research seminar), and an advising load (with MA students and undergraduate majors). Advisement is a key component of this position. Candidates should demonstrate a commitment to interdisciplinary scholarship and excellence in teaching, and have completed the Ph.D. no earlier than 2006.
- The deadline for applications is January 31, 2011.
- Also posted at European History Jobs, 2010-11
The Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) Edit
- Tenure-track Assistant Professor in the Science, Technology, and Society/Public Policy (STS/PP) Department.
- preference will be given to candidates whose work reflects an integration of engineering, public policy, and STS
- Due 15 December 2010
- The College seeks a Director for its core three-course sequence in interdisciplinary humanities, The Search for Values in the Light of Western History and Religion, beginning fall 2011.
- The teaching load is four courses per year divided between the Search program and the department of disciplinary training. This appointment will include tenure in an existing department at the rank of associate professor or higher.
- Apply on line at http://jobs.rhodes.edu. Review of completed applications will begin October 15 and continue until the position is filled.
- Also posted at Open Field History Jobs 2010-11
Southern Oregon UniversityEdit
- Social Sciences, Policy, and Culture - Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies; international studies; or Native American studies.
- Due 1/10/11
- e-mail request for letters of recommendation (2/17)
- phone interview 3/9; told finalists will be chosen for campus visit in next few weeks
- offer made and accepted (4/29)
St. Thomas University, CanadaEdit
- Assistant Professor, Science and Technology Programme
- The preferred candidate will have a publication record in one or more of the following areas: sociological, philosophical, or policy/political aspects of science and technology. Area of research in STS is open.
- Deadline 12/10
- Received acknowledgment of application through snail mail. 12/20
- Short list set 2/18
University of California, San Diego - Assistant Director of the Revelle College Humanities ProgramEdit
- The position is comprised of concurrent appointments of Lecturer and Academic Coordinator. The UC San Diego college system provides undergraduates with small living and learning communities within the larger research university. The Revelle College Humanities Program at the University of California, San Diego, offers interdisciplinary courses in history, philosophy, and literature, with a focus on major aspects of the Western humanistic tradition, historically considered.
- Lecturer responsibilities include teaching introductory courses in Western civilization and intellectual history with strong emphasis on development of analytical writing skills. Academic Coordinator responsibilities include program planning and administration, curriculum development, coordination of courses, and supervision of Teaching Assistants. The ideal candidate will hold a Ph.D, or ABD, in an area clearly relevant to the curriculum. Experience in interdisciplinary humanities education and teaching in premodern European periods and traditions preferred. Candidate should have proven excellence in teaching a very broad historical range of interdisciplinary courses (history, philosophy, literature) and skill in working closely with other faculty.
- Ad in Chronicle
- Review of applications will begin on February 1, 2011 and continue until the position is filled.
University of California - San Diego, School of International Relations and Pacific StudiesEdit
- Asst. Professor Science, Technology, Engineering and Public Policy
- Review begins 9/29 and continues until filled
Utah Valley University (Asian Art and Letters)Edit
- The Humanities Program at Utah Valley University is seeking a competitive scholar for a tenure-track appointment at the Assistant or Associate Professor level for the Fall of 2011. We invite applications from candidates with a research specialty in Asian Arts or Letters, with academic preparation in more than one discipline and a documented scholarly interest in comparative study of various art forms. Ph.D. or equivalent professional preparation preferred. College teaching experience required. Responsibilities include a minimum of four classes of undergraduate teaching per semester, as well as participation in the administration and development of our rapidly growing Humanities Program.
- Please submit a cover letter, detailed CV, and three letters of recommendation on our HR website at www.uvu.jobs/applicants/Central?quickFind=55717. Alternatively, letters of recommendation may also be sent to HREmployment@uvu.edu or mailed to Human Resources at: 800 West University Parkway, Orem, UT 84058. If you have questions about the position, please contact the search committee chair, Dr. Michaela Sawyer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Screening of applications will begin on January 5 and will continue until the position is filled. We expect the first stage of the interview process to take place in early February and on-campus interviews in March.
- Also posted at Art History 2010-2011
Utah Valley University (Environmental Humanities)Edit
- Research specialty in Environmental Humanities, Animal Studies, Humanities and Science, Humanities and Technology, or Posthumanist Theory
- Open until filled
- Also posted at Environmental 2011
- Public History, Assistant Professor
- The History Department at Virginia Tech seeks an innovative scholar, adept in emerging technologies, with experience in the teaching and practice of public history. Applicants with specialties in areas such as environment, science, health, migration, culture, media, policy, and other interdisciplinary fields that support programs at Virginia Tech are especially encouraged to apply.
- Review of applications begins on November 1, 2010
- Cross-posted at History of Science Technology & Medicine, U.S. History, 2010-2011, and Virginia Tech