Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Use "Heading 3" when adding names of schools/positions to this page.
Please add approximate dates to your posts whenever possible!
For those of us waiting nervously by computers, phones, and mailboxes, please indicate the form of communication the SC used!
Open Intercultural Studies Positions 2013-2014Edit
Position filled (06/14)
Alliance Theological Seminary, NyackEdit
- Alliance Theological Seminary invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant/Associate/Professor position in Intercultural Studies. The successful candidate will be qualified to teach adult-learners in areas related to missiology including the subjects of culture and society, contextualization, social research, theology of mission, missions strategy and the history of missions at the graduate level. The candidate will advise students and oversee directed studies as appropriate. Candidates should have overseas missionary experience, possess an earned doctorate in Intercultural Studies or a related discipline and have demonstrated excellence in teaching, research and commitment to intercultural service. Ministry and online teaching experience is necessary. (posted 3/18/11)
- I've heard the search for this position has been cancelled. Anyone else hear anything? (3/15/12)
- Yes, I received a letter that the search was at least put off for the time being.
Asbury Theological SeminaryEdit
- Evangelization Studies
- Asbury Theological Seminary’s E. Stanley Jones School of World Mission and Evangelism announces a tenure track opening for fall of 2013 for the Dwight Beeson Chair of World Mission and Evangelism. We are looking for a missiologist with strengths in the teaching of evangelism, particularly in the areas of personal evangelism and church planting. Additional competencies in theology of mission, church growth, and cross cultural communication are welcomed. Ph.D. required with preference given to candidates with cross-cultural experience.
- Applied Jan 2012, no response (3/27).
- Candidate visiting week of April 9 (3/29); 2nd candidate visiting the following week.
- 2nd candidate is visiting (4/18). Only two candidates are being considered.
- Still accepting applications 10/1/12.
Denver Seminary- Justice and MissionEdit
- received an email (2/28) informing me I was still being considered.
- my contacts were asked to respond to sc questions by email before 3/12
- received very polite email (4/16) informing that a candidate has been secured for this position. :(
- Asst/Assoc/Professor of Justice and Mission (rank to be determined) with potential for teaching in another discipline.
Emmaus Bible CollegeEdit
- Intercultural Studies/ESL Faculty Position
Emmaus Bible College is seeking applicants for a faculty position in our Intercultural Studies/Missions Department beginning in fall 2012. The Intercultural Studies/Missions program at Emmaus has historically played a key role in preparing leaders and workers for cross-cultural ministry and service. The position includes classroom teaching in the area of intercultural studies/missions and may include teaching courses in ESL depending on credentials and experience.
We are seeking candidates for the position with the following experience/credentials (in no particular order):
- A masters (or doctorate) in missiology, theology, or linguistics preferred
- Missiology training
- Significant cross-cultural experience
- Church planting experience
- Evangelism experience
- Knowledge of and commitment to assembly missions
- Ability to effectively teach at the college level
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Bible colleges
- Commitment to New Testament principles of church life
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Recommendations of quality performance
- High professional, ethical, and moral standards
- Spiritual maturity
- Willingness to serve
Please submit resumes or recommendations to:
Lisa Beatty, Vice-President for Academic Affairs
Emmaus Bible College
2570 Asbury Road
Dubuque, IA 52001
Gammon Theological SeminaryEdit
- Bishop Cornelius and Dorothye Henderson/E. Stanley Jones Chair of Evangelism
- Gammon Theological Seminary / Interdenominational Theological Center (ITC) invites applications for the position of Bishop Cornelius and Dorothye Henderson/E. Stanley Jones Chair of Evangelism that is effective July 2012. Nominations and applications for or from persons who have outstanding scholarly competence in Evangelism and Wesleyan Theology are welcome.
- The rank is open. Faculty and salary will be set according to qualifications and experience. A Ph.D., Th.D., or equivalent and experience in ministry, lay or ordained, are requisite. Women and ethnic minorities who belong to the United Methodist as well as those from within the broader Wesleyan tradition (e.g., African Methodist Episcopalian, Christian Methodist Episcopal, African Methodist Episcopal Zion, Wesleyan Church, Church of the Nazarene, et. al.) are encouraged to apply. Nominations and applications should be sent to Ms. Indonesia Wilson, Interdenominational Theological Center, 700 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive S.W, Atlanta, GA 30314.
- Applicants who have recently received their doctorate, or expect to receive it during the current academic year, should include an official transcript for the highest degree held and three letters of reference. Gammon Seminary/ITC is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer.
Grace College and Theological Seminary- Winona Lake, INEdit
- Director of Global Initiatives
- The main responsibility of the Director of Global Initiatives is to provide leadership and direction to the CCFE (cross cultural field experience), study abroad, and student exchange programs requirement at Grace College. Essential Responsibilities: Provide Leadership for the Go Study: Responsible to meet with The Dean of Chapel and Global Initiatives (weekly). Attend the bi-monthly departmental meetings. Attend chapel services each week as needed. Go on one or two trips a year (international and/or domestic).
- Qualifications: Minimum: Master’s degree with cross-cultural experience. Cross-cultural experience. Organized, self-motivated, self-disciplined, and have computer knowledge of databases and word processing. Bilingual Preferred: Five (5) years experience in cross-cultural training. MA in cross-cultural ministries or related field of study. Ability to write and converse in Spanish, French and/or Mandarin Chinese.
Hope International UniversityEdit
- Hope International University is now accepting applications for a full-time Intercultural Studies position at the level of Professor, Associate Professor, or Assistant Professor. Primary responsibilities will be teaching at the graduate and undergraduate levels in the classroom and online environments.
- Candidates must have an affiliation with the Restoration Movement Christian Churches/Church of Christ and an earned PhD with an emphasis in Intercultural Studies field from an accredited school; ABD candidates will be considered. The ideal candidate will have at least three years of teaching experience at the college level. Candidates must fully support the Mission, Vision, and Values of Hope International University.
- Candidate visiting week of April 16
- Offer made and accepted
- Instructor, Assistant Professor, or Associate Professor and Program Coordinator of Intercultural Studies
- Closing Search August 1, 2012
- Direct the Intercultural Studies major. Teach courses in Intercultural Ministries, missions, Para-church compassion ministries, and cultural adaptation curriculum. Work with the Dean of the School of Ministry in counseling advisees and guiding curriculum development.
Trinity International UniversityEdit
Professor of Evangelism (Tenure Track) Posting Date: August 23, 2011
- Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Deerfield, Illinois, is seeking a faculty member for a tenure track position in evangelism.
- The ideal candidate will have broad cross-cultural ministry experience, giftedness in teaching masters and doctoral students, ability to supervise Ph.D. dissertations and a commitment to research and writing. The candidate will have a passion for evangelism and an understanding of the cultural milieu of the church in America. Strengths in related teaching areas such as women in missions, Asia or the Muslim world will be a plus.
- Applied in Jan 2012. No response (3/27).
- Applied in June 2012. Never recieved a response (9/5)