This page is for postdoctoral positions that begin in 2018.
Last year's page: Humanities and Social Sciences Postdocs 2016-17
To keep this page consistent and easy to read, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Please place new fellowship entries in alphabetical order. Note that "University of X" should be alphabetized by U as first sort, and X as second sort within the U listings.
- Please mark the title of the fellowship using the H3 header.
- Please include the deadline and a web link to the ad/website; PLEASE follow the format of other entries.
- When adding a deadline, please also add this to the Upcoming Deadlines section.
- For logging comments or updates, please begin your entry with a bullet point. Each entry should have a separate line.
- For substantive comments or updates about status, interaction, etc., please include the date at the beginning of your entry so that users can scan the info quickly for new entries.
For more information on Gender/Sexuality jobs, postdocs, and other opportunities, see blog Gender/Sexuality Academic Funding Opportunities
For more information on Race/Ethnic Studies jobs, postdocs, and other opportunities, see blog Race and Ethnic Studies Funding Opportunities
Humanities and Social Sciences Postdocs - Wiki Pages from Previous Years (2010-2017)Edit
For more information and answers to some questions about timing, materials requests, application numbers and fields, offers, etc. see previous years' postdoc wikis at:
- Humanities and Social Sciences Postdocs 2016-17
- Humanities and Social Sciences Postdocs 2015-16
- Humanities and Social Sciences Postdocs 2014-15
- Humanities and Social Sciences Postdocs 2013-14
- Humanities and Social Sciences Postdocs 2012-13
- Humanities and Social Sciences Postdocs 2011-12
- Humanities and Social Sciences Postdocs 2010-11
RECENT ACTIVITY on POSTDOCS 2017-18 Wiki Edit
Subscribe to RSS Feed for This Page: http://academicjobs.wikia.com/wiki/Humanities_and_Social_Sciences_Postdocs_2017-18?feed=rss&action=history
- 15 Oct. 2017: University of Pennsylvania (PA) - Andrew W. Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowship in the Humanities
University of Pennsylvania (PA) - Andrew W. Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowship in the Humanities - Deadline: 15 Oct. 2017Edit
Five Andrew W. Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowships in the Humanities are available for the 2018-2019 academic year on the general theme of STUFF. Open to untenured junior scholars holding a PhD (the only terminal degree eligible) who are no more than eight years out of their doctorate (received between December 2009 and December 2017). Research proposals from all humanistic disciplines and allied areas (e.g., anthropology, history of science) are eligible, except for educational curriculum-building and the performing arts (scholars of performing arts are eligible). Fellows teach one undergraduate course in either the fall or the spring semester during the year in addition to conducting their research (must be in residence during fellowship year: August 1 - May 31). Stipend: $54,590 plus single-coverage health insurance and a $3,000 research fund.
Applications are accepted via secure online webform only. Please do not email your application or c.v., or questions about whether proposed topic is viable. Those submissions and questions will not be considered. The committee cannot comment on the appropriateness of proposals in advance. A careful reading of the topic description and the application form itself generally answers most questions. Please also note that if you will defend your graduate thesis any time in 2018, you are not eligible to apply for this fellowship cycle, and no exceptions will be considered.
Full fellowship guidelines, ’STUFF' topic description, and downloadable application: http://www.phf.upenn.edu/
- Application deadline: October 15, 2017.