This page is dedicated to academic jobs in German. The jobs found here are added by individuals as well as drawn from sources such as the MLA job list, Higher Ed Jobs, the Chronicle of Higher Education, Inside Higher Ed, jobs.ac.uk, and other lists and websites.
Please add jobs with the following format:
Name of college/university, title/rank, preferred area(s) of specialization, application due date, link to job ad.
As job search progress indicators become available, add the type of information and date. The link to a job description can be deleted after the application due date. After an offer has been accepted, please underline the name of the institution so that we can easily see which positions have already been filled.
- Midwest Dreamland U, asst. prof., 20th C, due 11/1/18
- writing sample requested by email, 12/1 (x5)
- phone interview scheduled, 12/15 (x4)
- MLA interview scheduled, 12/20 (x3)
- on-campus interview invitation, 1/15
- offer extended, 3/15
- offer accepted, 3/25
- rejection letter received, 4/1
Recent Activity (RSS Feed)Edit
Tenure Track Faculty Positions Edit
- Lawrence U (WI), asst. prof., Enlightenment to present, due 11/1/18, link
- Wesleyan U (CT), asst. prof., Enlightenment, Weimar Classicism, and Romanticism, due 9/7/18, link
Senior Faculty Positions Edit
Visiting/non-tenure track/term limited faculty positions Edit
Applied Linguistics/Language Coordinator/Pedagogy/Program Director Positions Edit
Renewable non-tenure track lecturer/instructor positions Edit
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, lecturer in German (3-yr. appt., renewable), due 10/1/18, link.
Spring 2019 Positions Edit
Faculty Positions outside of Canada and the U.S. Edit
Multi-Language Faculty Positions Edit
- U of California Los Angeles, asst. prof., European languages and transcultural studies (2 positions, incl. German), due 11/1/18, link. Also posted at French and Francophone Studies 2018-2019 and Italian 2018-2019.
Other Germanic Languages Edit
Other German-Related Faculty Positions Edit
NOTE: German History positions are posted at European History 2018-19
Change the count in the category to which you belong. This permits us to have somewhat of an overview on the nature of the market demographics in German Studies.
ABD (will finish this academic year):
Ph.D. in hand (one-year, VAP, Lecturer, Post-doc, adjunct): 2
PhD in hand (employed full-time; Senior Lecturer; looking for tenure track):
Ph.D. in hand (unemployed):
Search Committee Member:
Faculty "Job Coach":