Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Environmental Studies Searches 2013-2014
For jobs in Environmental Literature, see Environmental 2014
NEW Page for 2015 jobs! Environmental Studies 2014-2015
RECENT ACTIVITY on Environmental Studies 2013-2014 Wiki (RSS Feed) Edit
Loading RSS data...
Subscribe to RSS Feed for This Page: http://academicjobs.wikia.com/wiki/Environmental_Studies_2013-2014?feed=rss&action=history
Environmental Science/Studies Jobs for 2014Edit
Boston University Edit
Human Dimensions of Global Change
- Deadline - October 1 2013
- Did anyone ever hear anything about this job? (2/9)
- hear nothing (2/9)
- No word here, one way or another. I always find it so rude when a place can't even acknowledge the applications they receive!
- Received acknowledgement of application and affirmative action questionnaire in October. Nothing since. (2/11)
Assistant Professor, Environmental Science
- Review of applications begins "immediately"
- Position filled (4/25)
The Environmental Studies Department at The College of Saint Benedict/Saint John’s University invites applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor to begin in fall 2014. Ph.D. in interdisciplinary environmental science, Earth system science, or a related field is preferred (ABD considered). Undergraduate teaching experience required. Preference will be given to candidates with expertise in applied, interdisciplinary environmental science emphasizing Earth systems, environmental geology, or a related geoscience field. Teaching assignments will include shared responsibility for an introductory environmental science course based in Earth system science and an intermediate topical environmental science course, developing a new upper-division environmental science course in the candidate’s area of expertise, and other interdisciplinary courses supporting the Environmental Studies major as needed. Applicants should be willing to participate in field-based courses, supervise undergraduate research, integrate campus and local sustainability issues into their teaching, and contribute to the institutions’ Common Curriculum.
For further information, see http://www.csbsju.edu
Qualifications: Ph.D. in interdisciplinary environmental science, Earth system science, or a related field is preferred (ABD considered). Undergraduate teaching experience required. Preference will be given to candidates with expertise in applied, interdisciplinary environmental science emphasizing Earth systems, environmental geology, or a related geoscience field.
- APPLICATION PROCESS: Applications are accepted online only at http://employment.csbsju.edu . Required documents include letter of application, curriculum vitae, a teaching portfolio including a statment of teaching philosophy, course evaluations and sample syllabi, *three letters of reference, and copies of transcripts, (official transcripts required for interview). *Recommenders should submit their letter of reference confidentially to Human Resources at email@example.com. If your letters of reference are secured with Interfolio Service or another College/University, please contact them and have them send your letters to this email address.
- Review of applications will begin November 15, 2013.
- Also posted at Geology, Earth, and Environmental Sciences 2013-2014
- Appointments made for initial interviews (November 25, 2013).
- On-campus interviews completed (February 03, 2014)
- Rejection notice received
The Denison Environmental Studies Program invites applications for a three-year, full-time, non-tenure-track position at the Visiting Assistant Professor level, beginning August 2014. We seek a colleague with a strongly interdisciplinary background and a specialty that complements the current scholarly interests and teaching expertise of our program. For a brief overview of the scholarship/teaching areas of our current faculty please see the additional information section below. We are particularly interested in scholars who work in the environmental humanities and/or whose research focus is outside of the United States. Specialty is open.
The successful candidate will be required to primarily teach both of our introductory courses in Environmental Studies, “People and the Environment” and “Science and the Environment” (see course descriptions at http://denison.edu/courses/all/environmental-studies), as well as other core courses in the ES major. Depending on the needs of the Program, the candidate may be able to teach a course within his or her area of expertise. It is preferred that the successful candidate has a strong commitment to liberal arts education, an active research agenda, and a desire to participate in a community-based interdisciplinary program.
Ph.D. in appropriate discipline by August 2014 is required. Previous teaching experience, ability to teach the ES core courses, a scholarly focus outside of the United States, and background in the humanities are all preferred.
- Application closing date December 20th.
- Reference letters requested (emails directly to references) 1/6/14 (x3)
- Skype / phone interviews scheduled for week of Jan. 27
- Emailed that the position has been filled (2/27)
Dickinson College - Assistant/Associate Professor of Environmental StudiesEdit
- Application review will begin Dec 6
- Received email requesting additional materials (letters of ref, research and teaching statements, etc). x3
- Any news? (1/21)
- Only confirmation of receipt of dossier materials (1/21)
- I believe they said that they would do Skype interviews at the end of Jan/start of Feb, so somebody should be hearing or have heard already
- I never even heard a confirmation that my materials were received... Anyone heard anything yet re: Skype interviews? (1/29)
- Nothing here. The email confirmation I received appeared to be automated and came from HR back in Nov. Good luck everyone. 1/29
- They started scheduling skype interviews this week and it sounds like will be conducting skype interviews through mid-february. 2/6
- They are finishing Skype interviews this week. 2/10
- Anybody know whether they've proceeded with campus invites? 2/23
Eckerd College (FL) - Assistant Professor of Environmental StudiesEdit
- Applications due Oct 4.
- I haven't heard anything yet. Anyone else?
- Phone interviews conducted mid-October
- Rejection email 11/14
Fort Lewis College - Assistant Professor of Environmental StudiesEdit
- Application deadline 10/23
- 11/22- Received email that they plan to complete the first round of review before the semester's end
- Anyone heard anything since then?
- Phone interviews conducted second week of December
Applications are invited for a faculty appointment as Visiting Assistant Professor of Environmental Studies, beginning in July 2014 (pending administrative approval). Position is renewable for up to two years on evidence of good teaching and/or continued administrative approval. The successful candidate will teach the following undergraduate courses: a core introductory course in Environment and Human Values (ENV 117), Environmental Policy (ENV 216), and mid- or upper-level courses in the applicant’s specialty. Teaching may include participation in the College's general education program. The department is seeking the strongest candidate in any environmental studies specialty that supplements departmental strengths. Teaching load is 3/2. Preference will be given to applicants with the PhD, but ABD's will be considered at the rank of Visiting Instructor. Teaching experience and an ongoing program of scholarly research involving undergraduates, where this is possible and appropriate, are required.
- Please submit letter of application, curriculum vitae, graduate and undergraduate transcripts, three letters of recommendation, teaching statement, research statement and teaching evaluations to http://apply.interfolio.com/23885. Review of applications will begin on December 15, 2013, and will be closed to new applications on January 1, 2014.
- Any word? <-- nothing here (2/11)
- They never even acknowledged receipt of applicaitons or made contact when it was a TT position, even with a snail mail requirement for submission. Doesn't seem like they are organized, or motivated to hire.
- Likewise, don't expect to hear anything, even if you interview for a TT position.
- Campus interviews were conducted in late April
The Environmental Studies (ES) Program at Hobart and William Smith Colleges invites applications for a tenure-track, assistant professor position in sustainable community development (SCD) to begin in the fall of 2014. We seek a colleague with a solid background in the social sciences who has an internationally diverse understanding of and approach to sustainable community development.
Review of applications will begin October 1, 2013.
- Any ideas whay the search failed last year (besides the fact that they didn't offer me the job)?
- I was under the impression that it didn't fail--that they did hire someone but are now hiring someone else in a similar field. Not 100% sure on that though.
- I think Chiyo Crawford got that position: http://academic.hws.edu/envstud/faculty_new.asp
- That was a different search - for someone in the humanities. This one is for social scientist.
- Anyone have any news on this one? I have not heard a thing. x4 (Third 'x' as of Dec 27)
- Received email saying their search is complete and the top-choice accepted offer. (1/7/14) x2
Hofstra University - Assistant Professor of Sustainability Studies (Jan 6)Edit
- Search completed (3/12)
Ithaca College (NY) - Three-year Assistant Professor Environmental Studies (Humanities)Edit
- Complete applications should be submitted by Oct 15.
- Anyone heard anything from either of the Ithaca jobs?
- Phone interviews for humanities position were held week of November 10
Ithaca College (NY) - Three-year Assistant Professor Environmental Studies (Social Sciences)Edit
- Complete applications should be submitted by Oct. 15.
- Any news from the Ithaca soc science search?
- campus visits late Feb
- Recejection received (3/17) saying search is concluded. (x2)
- Does anyone know who recv'd this position? I had a campus interview but no luck.
Knox College (IL) - Assistant Professor of Environmental Studies--Policy and LawEdit
- Review of applications begins December 9, 2013.
- Any news on this search? (2/19)
- After promising to update those with phone interviews whether or not they had been selected for a campus interview, six weeks later the search committee chair sends the poorest written rejection EVER:"We, after much contemplation, have decided not to offer the tenure-track position to any of the candidates who applied. Though we had many viable candidates, and we interviewed three on campus, we were unable to justify hiring any of them for the tenure-track position. We will resume our search in the fall, hopefully enabling us to hire someone for 2015-16. We wish you the best in your teaching career."
Luther College (IA) - Assistant Professor of Environmental StudiesEdit
- Review of applications begins November 25, 2013 and continues until position is filled.
- Position has been filled (email 3/24/14)
Middlebury College (VT) - Asst. Professor in Environmental Studies: Social Scientist with Global FocusEdit
- Review of applications begins Nov. 1
- Any news out there?
- Long listed/asked for teaching evaluations (Nov 15), said they would be skype interviewing in early Dec.
- Skype/phone interview scheduled
- Email recieved indicating they're bringing first round of candidates for on-campus interviews (12/18)
- Offer accepted, search concluded (2/20)
Northern Michigan University - Assistant Professor of Environmental Sustainability (Jan 6)Edit
- Skype interviews scheduled (2/7)
- Haven't heard anything yet (2/11)
- On -campus interviews completed, however, NMU "did not hire any of the candidates"
Oberlin College (OH) - Assistant Professor of Environmental Studies (Politics/Policy)Edit
- Review of applications will begin Oct 1.
- phone interviews on 10/16/13
- Dang, that was quick. Guess I didn't get it.
- EOE Form request on 11/25/13 -- is this search still open?
- I got the form then as well... Pretty sure they have moved forward with the search- not sure if it is technically still open, but I am assuming that they've completed their interviews...
- search is completed 12/4/13
Ohio University - Assistant/Associate Professor of Sustainability & Environmental Policy Edit
- Review of Applications begins April 6.
Princeton University - Thomas A. and Currie C. Barron Family Professorship in Humanities and the EnvironmentEdit
- Evaluation of applicants will begin on November 15 and continue until the position is filled.
Smith College (MA) - TT Asst. Professor of Environmental Science & PolicyEdit
- Review of applications begins Nov. 1
- Any news out there?
- i've heard nothing x 2- has anyone heard?
- Short list has been decided as of 11-22
- Search completed
St. Lawrence University (NY) - TT Asst. Professor of Environmental StudiesEdit
- Review of applications begins January 20, 2014.
- Campus interviews scheduled (2/11)
- Offer accepted, search concluded (3/2014)
Stetson University (FL) - TT Asst. Professor of Environmental Science and StudiesEdit
- Application received. Informed that review will begin in "January."
- Any responses yet?
- Invited to Skype interview 2/11 (x2)
- Seach complete 4/22
University of Illinois at Springfield - TT Assistant Professor, Environmental StudiesEdit
- Review of applications will begin October 14, 2013, and continue until the position is filled or the search is terminated.
- This search seems to be on again, with another job ad posted here http://www.higheredjobs.com/details.cfm?JobCode=175835926 with apps due Feb 10
- Email confirming all materials rec'd mid Jan. Says on campus expected by mid-April (2/24)
- Contacted for phone interview week of March 3rd
- Invited for campus interview week of March 31-April 7th. three candidates
- Offer made as of 4/16.
University of Montevallo - TT Asst Professor of Environmental StudiesEdit
- I don't think there was a deadline listed for this one?
- Still open as of 11.7
- Skype interviews completed 12/12
- Campus interviews scheduled for February
- Offer made, position filled (3/24/12)
- See full post at Environmental Literature 2014
University of the South (Sewanee) - TT Asst. Professor, Environmental Studies & PolicyEdit
- Review of applications starts Oct 30.
- Nov. 7. Any responses received yet?
- Nothin' here
- 11/25 Contacted for interview the week of Dec. 2 (x2)
- Anybody who had a skype interview heard anything yet?
- I haven't heard anything after I interviewed on 12/2
- Received word that finalists were being invited to campus 1/9
- Campus interviews taking place late January/early February.
- Offer accepted.
University of Washington-Tacoma : TT Asst. Professor, Environmental StudiesEdit
- Review of apps starts Nov. 1
- any news? (I haven't heard anything as of 21 Nov) (I haven't heard anything as of Dec 11)
- Had a phone interview on Dec 9th. No word re. on campus interviews
- Received the email rejection Dec. 17 (+2)
- Received word that finalists were being invited to campus
- Search concluded (4/7)
University of Wisconsin, Madison (WI) - TT Sustainable Community Systems, School of Human EcologyEdit
Degree and area of specialization: Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate required. Relevant disciplinary backgrounds may include community psychology, public health, design, urban planning, human ecology, and other interdisciplinary programs such as environmental studies, organizational or community development.
The School of Human Ecology (SoHE) at the University of Wisconsin-Madison (UW-Madison) is seeking applicants for a tenure-track (assistant or associate) professor of sustainable community systems. We intend to hire an innovative scholar whose research, teaching, and outreach advances our School's goals of promoting community sustainability and individual and family well-being. We are interested in participatory and action-oriented research. We expect the candidate to build collaborative partnerships with campus communities whose focus is on sustainability as well as local communities, voluntary/nonprofit organizations, and/or entrepreneurs working to address issues of sustainability. We define sustainable systems broadly to include: food systems, community development, craft and products, space/urban design, transportation, housing, financial security, community and organizational capacity, and issues of environmental justice and health equity. We seek researchers with breakthrough ideas and engaged scholarship that advance changes in policies and systems to promote environmental, social, and economic sustainability. We seek candidates who partner with groups that are directly or disproportionately affected by lack of sustainability (e.g., racial/ethnic minorities, poor/disadvantaged, women, children and youth). The candidate's orientation should complement the SoHE's transdisciplinary and participatory approach to understanding and promoting individual, family and community well-being.
- Deadline: 01/20/14
- Acknowledgment received: 01/22/14
Western State Colorado University - TT Professor of Environment and Sustainability (2 Positions)Edit
Western State Colorado University announces two open rank, tenure-track searches for professors of environment and sustainability in our new Master in Environmental Management (MEM) programs. The first search, for the MEM in Integrative Land Management, seeks an interdisciplinary environmental scientist with an environmental management background. The second search, for the MEM in Sustainable and Resilient Communities, seeks an interdisciplinary environmental social scientist or sustainability studies expert with an environmental management background.
- For full position announcement and application procedures visit http://www.western.edu/hr/jobs. Screening of applications will begin December 1, 2013 and continue until both positions are filled.
Western Washington University - TT Assistant Professor of Environmental SciencesEdit
- Application review begins December 1, 2013; position is open until filled
- Anyone heard anything about this position or any of the others at WWU's Huxley College of the Environment this season?
- received rejection email on 2/7
- Anyone not heard anything at all? (2/10)
- Haven't heard anything at all (2/11)
- Anyone heard anything positive? I also (diff person from 2/11) haven't heard anything at all (3/12)
Wofford College - TT Assistant Professor of Environmental Studies (Social Sciences: policy focus). Edit
- Application review begins December 15, 2013; position is open until filled
- LINK to full announcement
- References contacted for letters in late December
- Anyone heard anything else?
- Invited to skype interview (1/13)
- Invited to skype interview (1/19)... a second round or still the first?
- Anyone been invited for on-campus yet?
- Campus interviews ongoing
- Search concluded (4/7)