Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
For Jobs in Civic Engagement/Philanthropy (2013-2014)
- Who is looking at this Wiki? Please post a new category with a (1) or add your number to an already posted category - then add a one to the TOTAL:
ABD, finishing dissertation, looking for first Tenure Track (TT) job (1)
PhD, nonacademic job or unemployed, looking for a TT job (1)
ABD, with Tenure Track (TT) job looking for a better one (0)
PhD, with TT job looking for a better one (0)
PhD, with Lecturer position looking for TT job (0)
PhD, with Full-Time, Non-TT job looking for TT job (0)
PhD, with adjunct position looking for a TT job (0)
PhD, with Associate position looking to move to another institution (0)
PhD, with TT job - about to be denied tenure - looking for a job quick (0)
PhD, with Postdoc, looking for TT job (1)
PhD, with TT looking for TT in specific geographic region owing to partner's recent hire several states away (0)
EdD, nonacademic job, looking for a TT job (0)
PhD, with TT job, looking for a friend (0)
PhD, with TT job, looking for another
B.S. in PhD program, about to drop and seek employment as a high school teacher (0)
Jobs for 2014Edit
Friends, please enter in alpha order
Columbia Teachers College--Asst. Prof. in Higher Ed. w/ focus on service-learning and civic engagementEdit
- 10/1 deadline
- 1/21 Letter of rejection via USPS
Elon University--Asst. Prof. of Human Services (with international focus)Edit
- October 15, Review of applications
*10/17--Email stating committee had met with rejection notice
Goucher College--Asst. Prof of Peace StudiesEdit
- November 25th, Review of applications
- 4/2 email rejection
Guilford College--Asst. Prof. in Human Services (Paticipatory Action Research/Service focus)Edit
- 11/15 Deadline
- Any word on this one? (1/15)
High Point University--Asst. Prof. of Leadership/Non-Profit StudiesEdit
- January 24 Deadline
IUPUI--Asst. Prof. of Philanthropy/Motivations for Service & GivingEdit
- 10/31 Deadline
*12/5 EEO request (X1)
Rhodes College--TT in Urban Education/EngagementEdit
- February 1 Deadline
- Cross posting in Education indicates skype interview set
- 2/18-2/19 Skype Interviews
- Did anyone receive an invitation to campus?
University of Maryland, College Park--Asst. Prof. of Global PhilanthropyEdit
- 10/31 Deadline
- Email rejection
Vanderbilt University Peabody School of Ed. Organizational/Community StudiesEdit
- Deadline October 1
- Search completed (1/21)
Washington and Lee University--Visiting Asst. Prof. in the Shepherd Poverty ProgramEdit
- Deadline February 1
- Rejection email 2/15
Western Kentucky University--Asst. Prof. of Diversity and Community StudiesEdit
- 11/15 Deadline
- EEO Request 2/3
Western Kentucky University--Asst. Prof. in the Honors CollegeEdit
- Tenure track assistant professor in Interdisciplinary Honors College
- The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for teaching the Honors Citizen and Self course – a key component of the College’s developing interdisciplinary core curriculum, with additional opportunities to teach in the faculty member’s specific area of expertise.
- The Citizen and Self course concentrates on building theoretical knowledge and practical skills for effective, engaged citizenship in a democracy. Course format includes interactive team teaching in large class meetings, as well as working closely with students in small seminars and in their research teams.
- The successful candidate will join two existing members of the Citizen and Self teaching team.
- Review begins: 9 Dec. 2013, and will continue until the position is filled.
- Cross posted at American Studies 2014
- Over 120 applicants for this position.
- Request for a skype interview 1/31 (x2)
- Invitation for campus interview (2/21)