When posting new jobs:
- Please try to follow the format of existing posts
- Use the 'Preview' button to check for errors before hitting 'Publish';
- Please include a link to the original advert in the heading.
- When posting new jobs, please use Heading 2 for new categories, and Heading 3 for jobs.
- Add entries in alphabetical order. (Note that "University of X" should be alphabetized by U as first sort, and X as second sort within the U listings.
When commenting on jobs, please respect the privacy of candidates and new hires and do not use their names without their permission.
What's your employment status?Edit
- Full time instructor:
- Adjuncting PhD:
- TT but looking for a new job:
- Defended but not graduating until December:
- Tenured but looking for a new job:
- Employed in academia (Tenured or TT) but reading out of curiosity:
- Fully employed outside of academia (but curious):
- Fully employed outside of academia (but trying to get back in):
- Partly employed outside of academia:
- Unemployed PhD:
- Search Committee Member:
- Just looking:
Eastern Washington University (USA:WA) - TT Assistant Professor, Children's StudiesEdit
- Tenure track assistant professorship in the Children's Studies Program at Eastern Washington University. Position to begin in January 2018
- EWU's Children's Studies Program is an interdisciplinary program focused on fostering collaboration and participatory democracy, honoring children's rights and children's voice, and supporting holistic, reflective practices on the part of adults who work with children. In addition, the program works to develop and disseminate research and outreach projects that enhance children's cognitive, emotional, social, and physical well-being. The program is a part of the College of Social Sciences, which offers opportunities for creative interdisciplinary course work and research.
- The Children's Studies Program is seeking a colleague with a strong commitment to students, collegiality, quality teaching, and advising as well as scholarly potential. The faculty member hired for this position will be welcomed into an academic community dedicated to cultural diversity, community engagement, and social justice.
- Position is open until further notice; review of applications will begin in July 2017. To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your application materials through our online faculty application portal located here: https://jobs.hr.ewu.edu.
- Any movement on this search? (July 29)
York University - Children, Childhood & Youth Studies - TT Assistant Professor, Children's StudiesEdit
- Tenure-stream position at the rank of Assistant Professor in Children’s, Childhood and Youth Studies (Global Youth Cultures) to commence July 1, 2018.
- The program seeks outstanding scholars whose research interests and projects address the lived experiences and cultures of children and/or youth from a multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary perspective. Preference will be given to applicants whose work addresses child and/or youth cultures in a global context. While the candidate’s own research can vary in content, we are seeking scholars whose research and teaching can highlight social justice advocacy and community engagement practices.
- The deadline for applications is November 15, 2017
- Applicants should submit a signed letter of application, a curriculum vitae, a teaching dossier, and a sample of their written work (no longer than 20 pages) and arrange for three confidential letters of recommendation to be sent directly to: Professor Andrea Davis, Chair, Department of Humanities, 206 Vanier College, Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies, York University, 4700 Keele Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M3J 1P3 or by e-mail to email@example.com (subject line: “Global Youth Cultures”).