Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Belmont University (TN) (2/1, until filled)Edit
phone interview on 2/7. ...A phone interview on Super Bowl Sunday?
-any recent news on the Belmont position? Applied late January, but received no word. Did they give a window during phone interviews? A: no news here.
I think their campus interviews are finished (3/6).
I just saw a posting for an Early Modernist (4/9)
The early modernist position is a new and separate position, though according to their human resources dep., they haven't hired the open position yet either. This learned during a phone call to HR yesterday; apparently both are still open. (4/9)
Carthage College (WI) (until filled)Edit
Rejection letter that opens, "I am happy to announct that Dr. _____ has agreed to join the English department at Carthage College." Congrats to the applicant, but this was one of the most offensive rejections I've received.
Centenary College (NJ)Edit
- No news since MLA interview 2/12
- phone interview scheduled 2/18
- Q. Any campus visit news? A: Not yet... 3/23
- A: email rejection 3/24 Q: Is this a post-MLA or phone interview rejection? A: phone interview rejection
- Post MLA-interview rejection via email. 3/29. Email said short list for campus visits had been made.
- Contacted via phone (1/12) to inform me that I was on the shortlist and was told I would be contacted next week to set up a phone interview. (same, 1/13)
- Phone interview conducted on 1/19
- Campus visit invitation made on 1/19.
- Post-campus visit rejection 3/5
- post-campus visit rejection 3/25; conversation implied that an offer had been made and accepted
Edward Waters C (until filled) Edit
- Where is this job listed?
- No idea, but trust me, you're better off going to your local community college and applying.
- (I second the above comment! This "College" is a disaster)
- This was just listed today on HigherEdJobs.com []
- And they're looking for a chair, I guess, but they don't want to give the name. Hence the "Confidential" institution in this ad, which until today, ended with the same "Edward Waters College is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access Employer." Bad sign.
Evergreen State University (British/Anglophone after 1700, review begins 11/1) Edit
rejection by mail (12/5)(12/7x2) (12/9x2)
- 2 British Generalist Openings
- Request for more info (12/9)
- Interviewed at MLA
- Job reposted in Chronicle in Jan. Anyone know anything?
- Several attempts to contact SC Chair and Asst. to the Dean via email and phone without reply.
- phone interview on 2/5.
- campus visit invitation (2/23 X2)
Did you visit on 2/23 or were you invited? Also, are you ABD, Ph.D. in hand or an Assistant Professor somewhere else? Thanks for any information.
I was invited on 2/23. Visit is last week in March. I am currently an Assistant Professor at another institution.
Ditto to the 2/23 invitation, visit 3rd week in March, invited as ABD.
Great. You just confirmed I am out of the running so now I can move on but good luck to you! It seems like a great place.
Any news on these job openings? Have they made offers?
There's just one opening now.
How did you find out? (3/30)
On a visit. I've since had to bow out of the search in order to take another job.
Has anyone been offered a position yet? (4/14)
Chaucer through Victorian
Q: Any word on this search?
R: I emailed them last week and received a very terse reply stating that the search was still active. That's it.
- Rejection letter (2/20)
Missouri Valley College (Marshall, MO)Edit
Assistant or Associate Professor of English Link
Deadline: April 2, 2010
--Emailing acknowledging receipt of materials. Email said applicant's information was now being forwarded to the search committee (12/29).
- Request for more materials (2/19) (x3)
- Has anyone heard anything after the request for more materials on 2/19?
- Phone interview scheduled (3/23) (x3)
- Campus interview scheduled (3/31) (x2)
- Job offered & accepted (4/26)
- specialization in British literature of either Renaissance, 18th, 19th, 20th, or 21st c. AND literary theory (see also Critical Theory page)
- anyone hear anything from RIC?
- No...and I am curious about the status of the position too....fingers crossed!
- According to Renaissance page, they asked for additional materials on 1/28 and scheduled a campus visit on 2/2.
- Dagnabbit...ok, thanks!
- Job offered and accepted in Feb (by early modernist, per Renaissance wiki)
- Letter of rejection via snail mail. (11/23) x2
- May I ask when you submitted your application? (11/24)
- Has anyone who hasn't received a rejection received any news?
- Nope (12/6)
- Received an email from HR that the position has been filled (1/29)
- This is not really an open-field British position; it's three distinct periodic positions: 18th-century British, 19th-century British, and media studies, respectively. When you go to Winona's online application, you'll see this.