The Department of English and M.F.A. in Creative Writing Program at the University of Idaho seek to hire an Assistant Professor of Nonfiction to join our faculty, starting August 2017. This is a tenure-track, nine-month position, with a five-course teaching load (generally 3/2) at lower- and upper-division levels, including graduate workshops and seminars. Areas of specialization include the writing and study of contemporary nonfiction with emphasis on a range of conventional and experimental forms. Additional responsibilities include: directing MFA theses, advising undergraduate English majors, and service to the departmen, university, and profession. Continuing scholarly and/or creative activity is expected.
- M.F.A. or Ph.D. in Creative Writing or related field, with preference given to terminal degree in creative nonfiction.
- At least one full-length book of nonfiction in print from a nationally recognized press.
- Experience teaching writing and literature courses in creative nonfiction.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Desirable Qualifications: Edit
- Experience teaching writing and literature courses in fiction.
- High-quality publications, conference presentations, awards, fellowships, and other demonstrated and nationally recognized scholarly or creative activity in creative nonfiction, with similar recognition in fiction a plus.
Application Procedure: Edit
Application should address all minimum and desirable qualifications. Application review begins November 4, 2016, and will continue until the position has been filled.
Please submit a letter of application, a curriculum vita, and a writing sample of 20 pages demonstrating excellence in creative nonfiction to the following URL: https://uidaho.peopleadmin.com/postings/15704
Also submit three confidential letters of recommendation, via Interfolio , to: Jennifer Baillargeon-Hauck at firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about the search may be directed to: Professor Scott Slovic, Chair, Department of English at email@example.com