Back to History 2016-17
When posting new jobs:
- Please try to follow the format of existing posts
- Use the 'Preview' button to check for errors before hitting 'Publish';
- Please include a link to the original advert in the heading.
- When posting new jobs, please use Heading 2 for new categories, and Heading 3 for jobs.
- Add entries in alphabetical order. (Note that "University of X" should be alphabetized by U as first sort, and X as second sort within the U listings.)
Recent Edits on Asian History Wiki (RSS Feed) Edit
Subscribe to RSS feed for this page: http://academicjobs.wikia.com/wiki/Asian_History_2015-16?feed=rss&action=history
Visitors to This Page Edit
What's your employment status (add category if necessary): Edit
- ABD: 3
- Postdoc: 3
- Lecturer: 1
- TT looking: 1
- Tenured, and still searching:
- Unemployed PhD:
- Search committee member: 1
- Just here because this is the most entertaining page on academic jobs wiki:
Specialization breakdown Edit
- China: 6
- East Asia:
- South Asia:
- Southeast Asia: 2
American University - Sharjah (UAE) - [Open Rank] East or South AsianEdit
- full-time faculty member specializing in either East Asian or South Asian history
- Although these are our primary areas of interest other specialties may also be considered. Candidates must be able to teach a range of courses in their field as well as survey courses in world history, ability to teach courses on globalization, imperialism or other areas of international studies a plus.
- Successful candidates will have a Ph.D. in the relevant field, a record of excellent teaching, an active research agenda, and a wish to contribute actively to the interdisciplinary atmosphere in the Department of International Studies
- As a university formed on the American model and with English as the language of instruction, the American University of Sharjah will give priority to candidates who have substantial experience in American models of higher education.
- Application materials must include: a letter of application, curriculum vitae, names and contact information of three references, a writing/publication sample, and evidence of teaching effectiveness. Please send applications to: Dr. Mahmoud Anabtawi, Dean, College of Arts & Sciences, American University of Sharjah, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Deadline: 24 Oct. 2016
California State University - Channel Islands (USA:CA) - pref. thematic and/or genderEdit
- Tenure track assistant professorship in Asia [?sic] History
- This position is intended to strengthen the world history pillar of our existing program. Candidates who specialize in thematic (i.e. Silk Road, empire, religion, Indian Ocean world, etc.) and/or gender history are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Ability and willingness to develop and teach a broad range of world history courses (including courses on China, Japan, Korea, the Middle East, South Asia, Silk Road, Revolution, etc.) would be a plus. Responsibilities for this position include teaching world history surveys as well as upper division courses in area of expertise.
- For more information and to apply online please visit our website at: www.csucifacultyjobs.com.
- Review begins: 1 Nov. 2016.
- Also posted at Ethnic Studies 2016-2017
- Does anyone know the teaching load in this department?
- Cal State schools are usually 3-4 or 4-4, but new junior hires can sometimes negotiate course releases.
Kyushu University (JPN) - Modern Japan & East AsiaEdit
- Assistant professorship in the modern history of Japan and East Asia, to begin 1 Apr. 2017
- PhD must be in hand by date of appointment
- Candidates must have ability to teach and advise students in English and Japanese
- Documents for submission: 1) Curriculum vitae, 2) List of publications and presentations, 3) Three sample publications (including 1000 word abstract for each), 4) Description of past and future research projects (2000 words), 5) Description of past educational accomplishments and future teaching philosophy (2000 words), 6) Name and contact of two people willing to write letters of recommendation. Please contact Matthew Augustine by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address for submitting documents: Yasuhito Osanai, Chair, Faculty of Social and Cultural Studies, Kyushu University, 744 Motooka, Nishi-ku, Fukuoka 819-0395, Japan
- Deadline: 14 Oct. 2016.
University of Pittsburgh (USA: PA) - [Senior Hire]Edit
- Andrew W. Mellon endowed chair & professorship in History, to begin Fall 2017 or as soon as possible thereafter
- As part of a strategic investment in the history of Asia in the world, the Department wishes to appoint a historian of Asia broadly defined, whose work might focus on Western, Central, East, Southeast, or South Asia, or the Indian Ocean World. We welcome applications from single sub-region specialists as well as from scholars whose work embraces trans-regional approaches.
- Applications are invited from scholars at the level of advanced associate or full professor who have demonstrated exceptional scholarship and teaching as well as leadership in their field and the profession.
- Applicants should submit a letter of interest, a complete C.V. including list of publications, and the names and contact information of three academic referees to https://facultysearch.as.pitt.edu/apply/index/MTUz.
- For informal inquiries, please contact the chair of the search committee, Holger Hoock, J. Carroll Amundson Professor, at: email@example.com.
- Review begins: 6 Sept. 2016 and continues until position filled.
Wheaton College (USA: MA) - Open. (Pref. China and/or South Asia)Edit
- Tenure track assistant professorship in Asian History, to begin Fall 2017
- PhD (in history) must be in hand by 30 June 2017
- Geographic field is open, with preference for China and/or South Asia. Chronological specialization is open, though applicants must be able to offer survey course on modern China and advanced courses broadly focused on their areas of research. Candidates with research and/or teaching expertise in economic development, global history, gender, and/or diasporic/transnational connections between Asia and elsewhere in the world are encouraged to apply.
- Wheaton College only accepts electronic submissions. Applications should consist of a cover letter, cv, and three letters of recommendation. Applicants must be able to provide proof that they are eligible to work in the U.S [apply here]
- Deadline: 1 Nov. 2016.
- Intend to interview at the AHA
- Tenure track assistant professorship in Chinese History to begin 1 Jul. 2017
- Joing appointment between the Departments of History and of Asian Languages and Civilizations
- The field of specialization is open, but we seek candidates who will offer courses that will anchor majors focusing on China, and that will situate the broad scope of Chinese history within a vibrant and diverse liberal arts curriculum.
- Learn more about the departments at http://www.amherst.edu/~asian and http://www.amherst.edu/~history.
- An application letter, CV, short writing sample, sample syllabus, teaching statement, and three confidential letters of recommendation should be submitted electronically to https://apply.interfolio.com/35756.
- Review begins 1 Nov. 2016 and continues until the position is filled.
- Initial interviews will be conducted online.
- Tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Chinese history (field/period open) to begin August 10, 2017.
- Applicants are expected to hold a Ph.D. by the time of appointment.
- The requirements for teaching are two courses per semester, including East Asian surveys, freshman seminars and upper division courses in Chinese history, and occasional graduate seminars in comparative/transnational history. The successful applicant is also expected to contribute to the Asian and Middle Eastern Studies program.
- Please go to http://jobs.wm.edu to submit your cover letter, cv, a short writing sample, and contact information for three references. The system will prompt applicants for the contact information of their references. After submission of the application, those individuals will be contacted immediately by us via email to submit letters of recommendation.
- For full consideration: 15 Oct 2016. Applications received after the review date will be considered if needed.
- Initial interviews will be conducted via Skype.
Muhlenberg University (USA:PA) - pref. w/Japanese HistoryEdit
- Tenure track assistant professorship in Chinese History, to begin Aug. 2017
- The ideal candidate will also be able to teach Japanese History at the survey level.
- PhD must be in hand by start date
- Muhlenberg College is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding faculty and staff from racial and ethnic groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in higher education. Applicants should address how they will contribute to Muhlenberg’s efforts to become a more diverse and inclusive community in their cover letter. For additional information about Muhlenberg's commitment to diversity and inclusion, applicants can find the latest updates to the College's Diversity Strategic Plan at this link: http://www.muhlenberg.edu/main/aboutus/president/initiatives/diversityatmuhlenberg/
- Applicants should submit a cover letter addressed to Dr. Mark Stein, Chair of the History Department; a C.V.; a statement of teaching philosophy; and evidence of teaching excellence at the undergraduate level as a single pdf file to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also arrange for graduate transcripts and three letters of recommendation to be sent electronically.
- Deadline: 30 Oct. 2016
- Please indicate if you will be available for interviews at the American Historical Association Annual Meeting
- Open-rank (senior or junior) position in Pre-Modern Chinese History (Tang through Qing).
- The appointment will be made in both East Asian Studies and History Departments.
- The successful candidate should have a strong commitment to excellence in teaching and research. Ph.D. must be in hand or expected by September 1, 2017.
- For full consideration, please provide a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and a writing sample (e.g., a dissertation chapter). Junior applicants should also solicit three letters of recommendation. Letters may be mailed to Pre-Modern Chinese History Search Committee, Department of East Asian Studies, Princeton University, 211 Jones Hall, Princeton, NJ 08544.
- Applicants must apply online at http://jobs.princeton.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=68883.
- The review of applications will begin on 15 Oct. 2016.
Ruhr-Universität Bochum (DEU) - [Senior Hire]Edit
- Professor of Chinese History (W3 salary bracket).
- Teaching and research covering the complete subject area of Chinese History
- The future chair professor is expected to have excellent written and oral Chinese language skills including the ability to work with pre-modern texts in Literary Chinese.
- Positive evaluation as a junior professor or equivalent academic achievement (e.g. habilitation, current position as an associate professor, reader or similar) required.
- A willingness to master German as a language of instruction is expected.
- Willingness and ability to contribute to cooperative research and teaching projects including cooperation within the Alliance for Research on East Asia Ruhr (AREA Ruhr) and similar research consortia.
- It is desirable that the applicant can integrate his or her expertise into joint research applications including joint applications within the Center for Religious Studies (Centrum für Religionswissenschaftliche Studien, CERES), a long-standing cooperation partner of the Faculty of East Asian Studies.
- Complete applications (pdf) including a curriculum vitae, list of publications, list of courses and seminars taught in the past, list of external research funding and copies of relevant certificates should be sent via email to the Dean of the Faculty of East Asian Studies, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, D-44780 Bochum (email: email@example.com
- Deadline: 15 Sept. 2016.
- Tenure track Assistant Professor in any field of early modern or modern Chinese history to begin September 1, 2017.
- The normal teaching load is two courses per semester and the candidate would teach undergraduate surveys in Chinese history and in East Asian history, as well as upper-level and graduate Chinese history courses in areas of specialization.
- Apply Online
- Please address all inquiries to the Search Chair, Professor Sana Haroon, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications are due by 15 Oct. 2016.
- Does anyone know what happened with this search last year? Indications on last year's wiki were that they were bringing people to campus in February, but now the exact job posting from last year has been posted again.
- I don't have much information...I do know that one person who visited last February withdrew because that person took a job elsewhere. I do not know about the other two candidates, or if a decision was made.
- Tenure-track assistant professor in the history of East Asia, to begin in fall, 2017.
- For consideration candidates must have completed the doctoral dissertation by the beginning of the fall semester in late August; preference will be given to candidates with the Ph.D. in hand at the time of interviews.
- The course load is 3-2.
- Candidates should have a primary focus on any period of Chinese history, but will be expected to cover all of East Asia in their teaching.
- Courses will include relevant survey offerings in East Asian history and upper-level offerings, including seminars, of the candidate’s design.
- Ability to contribute to the department’s World History survey, to the required Historiography methods class, or to other additional teaching including contributions to interdisciplinary programs such as Gender & Women’s Studies or International Relations, any of which may also be part of the candidate’s mid- and upper-level departmental course offerings, will be positively considered. Expertise and experience in teaching digital humanities is desirable. Teaching in the Common Intellectual Experience 1st-Year seminar is required of all faculty. All faculty are expected to develop an ongoing program of scholarly research.
- Candidates should send CV, graduate and undergraduate transcripts, and a cover letter containing statements of teaching philosophy and scholarship/research interests to http://apply.interfolio.com/36100 after August 1, 2016. Please arrange to have three confidential letters of recommendation sent to the same address. Queries may be addressed to Ross Doughty, search committee chair (email@example.com.)
- Application deadline is 15 Nov. 2016.
- Tenure track position in East Asian History, to begin Aug. 2017
- Candidates should have completed PhDs and teaching experience at the time of appointmen
- Teaching Load: 3/3 "Teaching responsibilities include an introductory survey in East Asian history, Modern China, and classes on topics of interest to the appointee"
- Candidates should submit a letter of application, CV, a copy of graduate transcripts, and three letters of reference ... to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer questions to Professor Marcy Sacks at email@example.com.
- Deadline: 10 Oct. 2016
- Tenure track assistant professorship in East Asian History
- Candidates should possess an earned doctorate in the appropriate field of study. You will be asked to provide a letter of interest; curriculum vitae; official transcripts showing highest degree conferred (if ABD, also submit official transcript of completed Ph.D. hours), and a list of three references in the application process.
- For questions about the application process, please contact Rene_Coker-Prikryl@baylor.edu
- Baylor University is a private Christian university
- Deadline: not stated in ad, ad expires 1 Nov. 2016
Harvard University (USA: MA) - History of Modern Science and Technology in East AsiaEdit
- Tenure-track assistant professor in the history of modern (twentieth century forward) science and technology in East Asia.
- A Ph.D. is required by the expected start date
- The appointment is expected to begin on July 1, 2017.
- Applications should include a curriculum vitae, an outline of present scholarly projects and future plans, a statement of teaching experience and approach, a writing sample, and the names and contact details of three persons who will write letters of recommendation.
- All materials should be submitted directly to the Harvard academic positions site at http://academicpositions.harvard.edu/postings/7108.
- Application deadline is October 21, 2016.
- Also posted at History of Science Technology Medicine 2016-17
- Full time, tenure-track position in East Asian History at the rank of assistant professor beginning August 2017.
- The successful candidate will be expected to teach lower-division courses in Asian and World history, as well as upper-division courses in Asian history, including courses in his or her area of specialization. Ability to offer courses that contribute to the Asian and Pacific Studies Program on campus is welcome.
- PhD in History required by August 2017.
- Applicants should email a letter of application, a current C.V., graduate school transcripts, a statement of teaching philosophy, sample syllabi, writing sample, and three letters of recommendation to HistoryDepartment@lmu.edu.
- Please address your letter of application to Dr. Anthony Perron, Chair, Asian History Search Committee.
- The application deadline is 1 Nov 2016.
- Assistant Professor of History for East Asian History, to begin Aug. 2017
- Field of specialization is open, but ideal candidates will complement existing strengths of the department.
- Teaching load is 3-3 to include World Civilizations, upper division undergraduate, including Chinese and Japanese History, and graduate courses for our M.A. in History program.
- Minimum Qualifications: Ph.D. or ABD in History or a pertinent related field. If ABD, would be hired at the rank of Instructor, with the requirement that candidate complete doctoral degree within six months of the date of hire).
- Appointment will be contingent upon verification of eligibility to work in the U.S.
- If you have any questions about the position, please contact Dr. Emily Story at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications are accepted only via Salisbury University's online employment application system. Visit our website http://www.salisbury.edu/hr/careers/ to apply online.
- Applications received by 15 Oct 2016 will receive first consideration. The position will remain open until filled.
- Tenure track assitant professorship in China/East Asian History with a focus on 20thC China or transnational East Asian History
- All specializations are welcome, with a preference for gender or colonialism/post-colonialism
- Teaching responsibilities include courses in the undergraduate and graduate programs and supervision of Ph.D. candidates in East Asian History. The successful applicant will be expected to teach the appropriate survey of East Asian history and an upper division course on Modern China, as well as other specialized upper-division and graduate courses.
- PhD must be in hand by start date
- This recruitment is conducted at the Assistant Professor rank. The resulting hire will be at the assistant rank, regardless of the proposed appointee’s qualifications
- Applicants should submit a letter of application detailing research (including dissertation, published monographs, and articles), C.V., a chapter-length writing sample, teaching evaluations, statement of contributions to diversity, and three letters of recommendation. Optional submissions include additional evidence of teaching expertise (i.e., course syllabi, course descriptions, etc.). Applications will be accepted on-line. Please follow instructions at the recruitment website. Apply at https://recruit.ucdavis.edu/JPF01074
- For full consideration: 15 Oct. 2016.
- Tenure track assistant professor to teach introductory and upper-level courses in East Asian history, to begin 24 Aug. 2017
- Research fields should complement existing faculty expertise and may include any specialization in East Asian history. The successful candidate will be able to teach introductory and upper-level courses in East Asian history, and a freshman-level modern world history course. The candidate will also be expected to pursue an active research agenda and contribute to campus, professional and public service
- Teaching Load: 4/4
- PhD must be in hand by 24 Aug.
- A complete application packet must include online submission of the following documents: Letter of application; Statement of teaching philosophy; Vita; Names and contact information for three references; Photocopies of official graduate transcripts. Letters of Recommendation may be requested at a later date.
- To Apply and submit these documents please visit www.uww.edu. Click on the Employment link located at the bottom of the page, then click on the UW-Whitewater Careers link at the top of the next page. This Job ID is: 12339.
- For full consideration: 1 Nov. 2016 although applications subitted after this date may be considered at the discresion of the search committee.
Cornell University (USA:NY) - Open RankEdit
- Tenure track position in the history of Japan, to begin Jul. 2017
- PhD must be in hand by 1 Jul. 2017
- We are particularly interested in candidates who can place the archipelago within regional and global contexts as well as situate their research and teaching around inter-disciplinary themes. Teaching responsibilities will include surveys in Japanese history, graduate and undergraduate courses in Japanese history, and courses in the candidate’s specific area of expertise.
- Please send letter of application, curriculum vitae, and three references ... to Academic Jobs online at https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/7524
- Deadline: 1 Oct. 2016.
- Tenure track assistant professor of modern Japanese history
- A Ph.D. in relevant field of study is required at time of appointment
- In order to be considered for this position, applicants are required to submit an electronic USC application; follow this job link or paste in a browser: http://jobs.usc.edu/postings/75489 - The applicant should upload a CV, a letter of interest, writing sample(s), and the names of three individuals who will be contacted by USC for references
- Deadline: 14 Nov. 2016
- Tenure track assistant professorship in the history of South Asia, to begin Aug. 2017
- PhD must be in hand by Aug. 2017
- Ability to teach South Asian history, OR World History and upper-level electives in South Asian History;
- Please refer all questions to email@example.com
Applications taken ONLINE ONLY at http://www.apsu.edu/human-resources/faculty
- Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Ad posted 28 Sept. 2016
- Full-time tenure-track appointment for an assistant professor in the History of South Asia/ Indian Ocean to begin in August 2017.
- We welcome applications from scholars specializing in South Asian history from any period or region who have the ability to teach both early modern and modern South Asian history surveys as well as upper-level electives.
- Teaching Load: 3/2 "with a full-salary one-semester research leave prior to tenure review, and generous sabbatical and fellowship leaves for tenured faculty."
- The successful candidate will be able to collaborate with colleagues and contribute to our department’s innovative major curriculum that asks students to think comparatively about issues of race, gender, politics, war, colonialism, and religion (http://www.holycross.edu/academics/programs/history).
- The candidate will also have opportunities to participate in the college’s vibrant Asian Studies program.
- PhD required by August 2017.
- The College of the Holy Cross uses Interfolio to collect all faculty job applications electronically. Please submit all application materials to https://apply.interfolio.com/36374.
- review begins: 9 Sept. 2016 and continues until position filled
- Initial interviews of selected applicants will take place in late October. We will conduct these preliminary interviews by Skype or at the Annual Conference on South Asia (Oct.21-23) for those who will attend the meeting.
- Full time tenure track faculty member with specialization in south asian history
- Teaching Load: 5 courses/year "most of them in South Asian history. An ability to teach world history, historiography and historical methods, and/or in an interdisciplinary program is also valued."
- PhD must be in hand by the start of courses in autumn 2017
- Your application should include a letter of application, a C.V., three letters of recommendation, an article or chapter-length writing sample, and a teaching portfolio.
- Please go to apply.interfolio.com/35990 to apply
- Deadline: 15 Sept. 2016.
- We plan on conducting preliminary interviews at the Annual Conference on South Asia in Madison, WI in October, though we will conduct Skype interviews with selected candidates who are unable to attend that gathering
- Full-time, tenure-track position at the rank of assistant professor in South Asian/Indian Ocean history, beginning July 1, 2017.
- The field of specialization is open, but preference will be given to candidates whose research focuses primarily on the era before 1800.
- 4.5 courses annually including surveys, intermediate, and advanced courses. Qualifications: Ph.D. in hand or expected by August 2017.
- To apply, submit an application letter, CV, graduate transcripts, a short writing sample, and three reference letters online at https://jobs.oberlin.edu by
- Deadline: 10, Oct. 2016.
- Tenure track Assistant or Associate Professor, depending upon qualifications, to begin Aug. 2017
- Candidate must have a Ph.D. in hand at date of application.
- Submit a curriculum vitae, a letter of application that describes current and future research, evidence of teaching effectiveness, and the names and contact information of three references. Applications may also include up to three offprints or unpublished papers or chapters.
- Apply at: https://psu.jobs/job/65515
- Review begins: 1 Sept. 2016 and continues until the position is filled.
- Received application acknowledgement email on September 23.
- Is this a real job or advertisement for a green card application? Didn't they hire two people back in 2013? (August 23)
- First question is obnoxious, and implication of latter option is unclear (xenophobia?). They do have two SAsianists listed as faculty members, and Mrinalini Sinha was there until a few years back. This is a large department full of serious scholars, and no reason to doubt validity of search absent evidence.
- Question was not meant to be obnoxious -it was just a query - so please don't jump to unnecessary conclusions and make such statements(Xenophobia - how does that even apply?)! I have applied to searches which were fake in that they were created to accommodate previous hires with their paperwork. It is a waste of effort on the applican's part. Given that most universities don't have two South Asian historians on their roster, their post for a third South asian historian seemed like a valid topic to discuss.
Stony Brook University (USA: NY) - Mattoo Chair in Classical Indic HumanitiesEdit
- (applications and nominations)Nirmal K. and Augustina Mattoo Endowed Chair in Classical Indic Humanities.
- The goal of the Mattoo Chair is to advance research in and promote a better appreciation of the contributions to human knowledge made by systems of knowledge having their origin or major development in Classical India.
- For the inaugural appointment to the Chair, we are looking for an outstanding scholar in the fields of art, aesthetics, literature, philosophy, theories of mind, religion, cultural anthropology, or cultural and intellectual history. The successful candidate must be eligible for appointment with tenure as a full professor at Stony Brook University.
- Required Qualifications: PhD in Art, Asian/Asian-American Studies, History, Philosophy, Sociology or related field. Outstanding scholarship in art, aesthetics, literature, philosophy, theories of mind, religion, cultural anthropology, or cultural and intellectual history. Must be tenurable in one of the following departments: Art, Asian/Asian-American Studies, History, Philosophy, or Sociology. Exemplary record of leadership and high standing in the international research community.
- The holder of the chair will provide intellectual leadership to the field; collaborate with campus academic units to design and implement initiatives that will mainstream India Studies; pursue a research program resulting in prestigious publications; teach graduate and undergraduate courses and guide research scholars; organize conferences and lecture series; conduct outreach programs; and contribute to the mission of the Mattoo Center and its robust engagement with the public and the Indian American community.
- The endowed professor will hold the academic rank of tenured professor in an appropriate department. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Additionally, the successful candidate will have access to research, publication and program funding from the Mattoo Endowment.
- Stony Brook University is home to the Bishembarnath and Sheela Mattoo Center for India Studies, a respected academic resource and community asset with an endowment of $5 million.
- The Employment Application form can be found here: https://www.asa.stonybrook.edu/asa/ASAForms/Department/HRS/Document/HRSF0113. Inquiries or to nominate an individual may be directed to the chair of the search committee, Professor S.N. Sridhar, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone: (631) 632-9742.
- Review begins 1, Oct. 2016.
- Tenure-track assistant professorship in South Asian history from the early modern (ca. 1400) to the contemporary period.
- Ph.D. with specialization within the broad field of Asian History, or ABD with degree completion by Spring 2018.
- Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate the ability to cross disciplinary and cultural borders in their research and teaching. The ability to enhance the department’s support to the university’s Gender & Women’s Studies Program and new Digital Humanities minor is also desirable. Demonstrated scholarly activity and a commitment to both undergraduate and graduate teaching.
- Submit a letter of application addressing teaching and research qualifications, a copy of unofficial transcripts, curriculum vitae, and names and contact information for three professional references to: http://oswego.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=75497
- Review of applications will begin 19 Sept. 2016 and will continue until the position is filled
- Tenure track assistant professorship in South Asian History, to begin Jul. 2017
- PhD must be in-hand by 1 Jul. 2017
- "The successful candidate will teach surveys, upper-division, and graduate level courses related to all periods of South Asian history. Demonstrated research expertise in at least one South Asian language is required"
- "Area of research specialization is open and we welcome candidates eager to contribute to our dynamic graduate and undergraduate programs."
- Each candidate’s dossier should include a letter of application, c.v., journal article or book/dissertation chapter, and three letters of reference. All application materials must be submitted via Interfolio at this link: apply.interfolio.com/35191. Inquiries can be made to Liz McMahon (email@example.com).
- Review begins: 10 Oct. 2017.
- Tenure track assistant professorship the History of South Asia, to begin Aug. 2017
- Research focus is open. Secondary fields may include, but are not limited to, The Global South, The Indian Ocean, Sub-Saharan Africa, Colonialism and Postcolonialism, Science and Technology, and Environmental History
- PhD must be in hand by start date
- Teaching Load: 2/3 "including graduate courses in her/his specialization, as well as Senior Thesis Capstone on a rotating basis."
- Applications must be done through CU Careers: https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=06895&lang=en Should a link issue occur, please go to CU Careers (cu.taleo.net), click on "UCCS" and look for Position 06895.
- For full consideration: 15 Dec. 2016
- Intend tointerview at the AHA
- Tenure track position in South Asian history, broadly conceived, and/or the Indian Ocean world.
- The search will be for a scholar at the assistant professor level, and he or she should have the ability to teach the history of the subcontinent.
- Candidates should apply online at http://apply.interfolio.com/35329 with a letter of application, C.V., and three confidential letters of recommendation.
- Closes: 1 Oct. 2016 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time
University of Wisconsin-Madison (WI) - Asia - Open RankEdit
- The newly formed Department of Asian Languages and Cultures at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, as part of its initiative to re-envision the study of the languages, cultures, and societies of Asia, is seeking to hire a scholar of the humanities or qualitative social sciences with expertise in at least one Southeast Asian language.
- Appointment begins August, 2017.
- Ph.D. required prior to start of appointment.
- Rank and area of specialization are open. Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate eagerness to take part in a multi-disciplinary conversation about issues in trans-Asian contexts, and who have the vision and skills to build new academic programs.
- A tenured appointment requires a proven record of excellence in research and teaching at all levels. Salary is competitive. Qualified applicants should send a complete dossier (including letter of application, CV, and sample publication) and three letters of reference by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Finalists cannot be guaranteed confidentiality. A criminal background check will be required prior to employment. UW-Madison is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and encourages women and minorities to apply.
- To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by October 24, 2016.
- Also posted in Cultural Anthropology 2016-2017