Positions in Arabic Linguistics, Literature, and Language Teaching in academia and beyond, 2017/18 job application season.
Last Year's Page: Arabic 2016/2017
Other employment sites:
Recent Activity (RSS FEED)Edit
- Loading RSS data...
Subscribe to RSS feed for this page: http://academicjobs.wikia.com/wiki/Arabic_2017-2018?feed=rss&action=history
TENURE-TRACK FALL 2018Edit
American University of Beirut (AUB) -- Open Rank Position,Modern Arabic Literature and Literary Theory. Deadline: 31 Oct. 2017Edit
American University of Beirut (AUB) -- Open Rank Position, Pre-modern Arabic Literature and/or Nahḍa. Deadline: 31 Oct. 2017Edit
Cornell University (NY) - TT Asst. or Assoc. Professor - Middle East Media and Media Theory (incl. Arabic). Deadline: 1 Nov.Edit
- any movement on this one? (12/5)
Duke University (NC) - - Adv. Asst. or Assoc. Professor - Arabic Culture. Deadline: 15 Oct.Edit
- Also posted at Comparative 2018 and Religious Studies 2017-2018
- Has anyone heard from Duke ? Did they interview at the Middle East Convention in DC ?
- I've applied, but haven't heard anything. (12/1) (x2)
National Cheng-Chi University (Taipei, Taiwan) - Full-time Faculty Position in Arabic Linguistics, Arabic Culture or Relevant Fields. Deadline: 15 Nov.Edit
- Has anyone heard back from Emory (11/28)?
- I've applied, but haven't heard back. (12/1) (x2)
- Skype Invitation (11/21)
- Rejection email (12/9)
Queens College CUNY -- Asst. Professor of Arabic and Middle Eastern Studies. Deadline: 19 Nov. 2017.Edit
Rutgers University-Newark (NJ) - Cluster Hire: Study of Islam, Middle East, Islamic Humanities (incl. Arabic Lit.). Deadline: 1 Dec. 2017Edit
San Diego State University (CA) - Tenure-Track Assistant/Associate Professor of Arabic. Deadline: 30 OctEdit
- E-mail through Interfolio to ensure all letters of recommendation uploaded; review of materials has begun (11/7/17)
- Skype interview invitation by e-mail (11/22)
- Skype interviews will continue this week; shortlisting and campus visits toward end of January (11/28)
University of Colorado Boulder -- Assistant Professor of Modern Arabic Literature and Culture (Job #10162). Deadline: 1 Nov 2017Edit
- e-mail to set up Skype appointment (12/3) (x3)
University of Michigan (MI) - James A. Bellamy Professorship in Pre-Modern Arabic Culture. Deadline: 15 OctEdit
-Has anyone heard back from Michigan (11/28)?
University of Michigan-Dearborn (MI) - Associate Professor of Arabic Language, Literature, and Culture. Deadline: 1 NovEdit
- Consideration will be given to advanced assistant professors with high-level research achievements and qualifications.
University of North Carolina-Wilmington - Assistant Professor of Arabic. Deadline: 13 Nov or until filled.Edit
- The successful candidate will be expected to teach lower-division courses in Arabic, Introduction to International Studies courses and upper-level courses specializing in Middle East, North Africa, Arabic, and/or Islamic Studies. Arabic courses will be taught through distance learning systems of the university, either online or through intercampus-linked classrooms.
- E-mail to set up Skype appointment (11/17/2017)
- Tenure-track position of Assistant Professor of Language and Applied Linguistics with the ability to teach at least one of the following languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese or Spanish. The candidate should have a degree or concentration in the areas of SLA/Applied Linguistics/Language Pedagogy with a specialization in or record of academic publishing in foreign language proficiency.
- Rejection email (10/30)
Williams College (MA) - Assistant Professor of Arabic Studies, specialization open. Deadline: 20 SeptEdit
- skype interview invitation by e-mail (10/2)
RESEARCH FELLOWSHIPS AND POSTDOCSEdit
Sultan Qaboos Cultural Center 2018 Research Fellowships for research in Oman. Deadline: 17 Sept.Edit
NON-TENURE TRACK FALL 2018Edit
- Candidates must have exceptional English language proficiency since translation—rather than conversation—constitutes a key learning outcome at all proficiency levels in Arabic at AIC. Candidates will ideally have a strong basis in primary Islamic religious texts and a proven ability to integrate such materials into their language teaching. Candidates with training in the rules of Quranic recitation (tajwid) are especially encouraged to apply.
American University of Sharja (UAE) - Instructor in the Teaching of the Arab Heritage. Deadline: 19 Nov.Edit
- One-year position, possibility of renewal.
Georgia Institute of Technology - Visiting Assistant Professor of Linguistics. Deadline: 22 Jan 2018.Edit
- Full-time, 2/2 load, renewable for up to two years. "The candidate will be expected to teach Introduction to Linguistics as well as specialized courses. Preferred areas of expertise include corpus-based, computational, cognitive, or quantitative methodologies. Interest and/or experience in applied approaches to language learning and intercultural communication in one of the languages we offer (Arabic, Chinese, French, or German) is considered an asset."